Black tea comes from the Camellia sinensi plant, both stems and leaves are used for medicinal purposes. In addition, it has a series of beneficial properties for health, such as: it improves alertness, memory, learning and the ability to process information. In this post we will talk about black tea for swelling. Does it help?
Studies conducted at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), United States, determined that black tea promoted weight loss. The research was carried out with mice whose energetic metabolism in the liver was altered, after the changes produced in the intestinal metabolisms. Black tea not only has these benefits, it has others, let’s learn more about this great drink.
What is black tea and what is it for?
Black tea has a degree of oxidation that reaches 100%, it is obtained during its preparation by breaking the cells of its leaves. Due to this, a chemical reaction is generated with the oxygen in the air, causing the strands to look blackish or brownish.
When we see this, black tea is immediately identifiable, because its strands take on a dry appearance. Furthermore, when it is drunk its flavor is more intense in relation to green tea and white tea. For example, when it is consumed, certain notes of wood, smoke, tobacco and cocoa are perceived, meanwhile, in the others, the notes are floral, of raisins and red fruits.
With the above, there are a large number of black tea profiles that we can enjoy, and that are very different from each other. Even when they belong to the same group, there are differences between them, depending on the variety of terroirs from which it is made.
The consumption of black tea began in China, and it was used for medicinal purposes. Part of its use was to offer vitality and long life. When this drink became popular throughout the world, it began to form part of the diet, and to be marketed.
What are the benefits of black tea?
Black tea for bloating also has other benefits:
- Prevents premature aging. Due to its high antioxidant content that benefits cells with greater oxygenation, allowing them to be healthier. Help in case of skin burns.
- Facilitates digestion. It is excellent after a meal intake because it facilitates digestion and purifies the body.
- Helps in weight loss. If consumed regularly for three months, it helps in weight loss and the desire to eat sweets. In this sense, it is said that the property is due to the flavones that the tea contains.
- Control diabetes. Due to its hypoglycemic property, it helps in cases of diabetes or prediabetes, because it acts in favor of the B cells of the pancreas.
- Higher incidence of becoming pregnant. If the woman drinks about 2 cups of black tea daily, there are high chances of getting pregnant in each menstrual cycle. In this sense, if the couple wants to have children, it is recommended that they drink black tea on a regular basis.
- Cleanses the skin. Black tea helps fight acne if applied to the skin. You have to prepare it and once it is warm, using cotton or gauze, apply it to the part of the skin that you want to treat. It should be left to act for a few minutes and then washed off.
- Reduce the cholesterol. Black tea acts on cholesterol metabolism, perhaps because it inhibits the reabsorption of bile acids.
- Prevents atherosclerosis and heart attack. Due to its high flavonoid content, it protects the cardiovascular system, because it prevents the formation of LDL cholesterol, which is what forms the atheromatous plaques that cause thrombosis.
What happens if you put black tea on your face?
The benefits of black tea for swelling they extend to the skin and hair, in most cases on the epidermis, where a noticeable improvement will be observed. This is due to its content of vitamin B2, C and E, and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and zinc. All of the above are great ingredients to keep skin looking healthy, youthful, and hydrated.
Also due to its high antioxidant content (to a lesser degree than green tea) it will control free radicals. On the other hand, as it has caffeine, black tea has toning effects on the skin and maintains that feeling of freshness.
If we are going to apply it on the skin, it is necessary that once it is done it must be allowed to cool. Other benefits for the skin are:
- Prevents infections. Black tea with rose water produces a quality tonic. You can put this mixture in a spray bottle, and you can apply it to your face at night or in the morning in the short term.
- Remedy against dark circles. We mix a tablespoon of black tea with aloe vera gel, we will obtain a facial tonic that prevents dark circles, it can be applied using a cotton ball.
- Balances the ph in the skin.
- Fight oily skin. Make a mixture of black tea, clay and a few drops of lemon, it will form a paste that you can apply to your face and leave it for about 15 minutes.
When is it advisable to drink black tea?
Consume black tea for swelling it has a series of benefits, to take advantage of them it is necessary to know when it is advisable to drink it.
- Among the benefits it brings to health, it reduces cardiovascular risks and stimulates the nervous system. When should we drink it? It is best to do it in the early hours of the morning, it helps to wake up the body and hydrate it.
- Reduces the risk of suffering from cancer and prevents atherosclerosis. When is it better to drink it? The best time is during meals, because it is low in fat, keeps the skin healthy, and goes with most foods.
- It has a fat burning and digestive effect. When to take it? Preferably between meals, it helps to keep you feeling full and recharges your energy.
The black tea is always recommended for the first hours of the day, it is ideal for breakfast and as a substitute for coffee, although with less caffeine.