Spring is a very beautiful season and you can take advantage of it by changing daily activities, doing them outdoors. But also, we resort to the typical spring tea with which you will enjoy your quiet and relaxing moments. That’s why we bring you this guide to the best teas for spring.
The tea it has its own magic, which gives it the ability to adapt to all tastes and special moments. Spring is the time for teas that we already know, but also for the floral ones with which you will take the spring to home.
green tea with jasmine
A spring tea is the Green Tea with jasmine, which provides a host of health benefits. Among them:
- Relieves stress and anxiety. It has calming effects that, combined with the aroma of jasmine, makes it perfect for relieving these symptoms.
- Maintains cardiovascular health. Thanks to its antioxidants (catechins, flavonoids and theaflavins), they reduce bad cholesterol levels, inflammation of blood vessels and regulates blood circulation.
- It helps to lose weight. Studies indicate that green tea with jasmine speeds up metabolism, allowing nutrients to be better absorbed.
- Improves digestion. It develops good bacteria that help digest food better.
Green spring tea with hibiscus
If we want to take advantage of spring to exercise and get in shape, this combination of green tea with hibiscus will surely fascinate you. The hibiscus or Jamaica flower is also used as a condiment in desserts and also in infusions.
Today this combination is widely used for its properties, including slimming. Some of them that we can mention are:
- Improves the immune system.
- Control anxiety.
- Prevents diabetes and urinary infections.
- Improves the intestinal flora.
- It is an ally against aging.
Black tea with roses
Another spring tea is the combination of black tea with roses, it is ideal to drink it in the morning or at sunset. when the black tea comes in contact with the rose flowers, it will absorb their natural fragrance. It will take on a coppery red color, slightly aromatic and sweet.
Black tea with roses is perfect to accompany desserts, it has a relaxing flavor and can be found with other combinations such as: cherry or berries. Some of the properties that we will find in this rich infusion:
- Fight constipation and act as a natural laxative.
- The catechins and polyphenols of the roses free the skin from free radicals, increasing cellular well-being.
- Avoid fluid retention and help burn calories.
Guarana spring tea
Spring is a season that awakens the natural forces, producing an increase in dynamism, bodily activity increases and emotions become more intense. during this season Drink tea of guarana will give you the energy you need to start the day, thanks to its seeds that contain caffeine, even more than coffee.
Guarana comes from the Amazon and its main characteristic is its high caffeine content. In the 19th century, this plant was converted by Europeans into an energizing and stimulating drink. It is used in some diets as an appetite suppressant, it is also used in the preparation of energy tea.
To prepare this drink in spring time, follow these steps:
- Crush the guarana seeds in a coffee grinder.
- Boil water for 2 cups.
- Place 2 teaspoons of guarana in an infuser.
- Once it boils, pour it over the infuser.
- Cover and let infuse for 5 minutes.
- Remove the infuser and sweeten if you prefer.
- You already have your guarana tea ready, drink and fill yourself with energy.
Yerba mate tea
Yerba mate spring tea is another of the drinks that can be enjoyed in spring, it is invigorating and is usually drunk in the company of friends and family. Its origin is South American, in Argentina and Uruguay it is customary to drink it in social gatherings, it is part of a lifestyle.
The taste of yerba mate tea is bitter and has stimulating effects, so it is excellent to start the day. The custom is to drink it in company. Other of its properties are:
- It provides vitamin C and those of group B.
- It is diuretic and has antioxidants, so it helps fight constipation and fluid retention.
To prepare yerba mate tea, follow these steps:
- In the mate, which is the recent one to prepare it (it can also be in a wooden or porcelain one) add the crushed dry leaves and pour hot water (prime the mate).
- To drink it you must help with a metal tube or bombilla.
Ginger spring tea
Ginger root is easy to find and has some interesting compounds that will surely be useful if you suffer from allergies, typical in these spring times. Ginger tea is a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory, making it excellent for fighting congestion and runny nose.
Preparing it is simple:
- Grate 10 grams of ginger root.
- Before the water boils, add the ginger.
- You can add cardamom, lemon and cinnamon.
- Lower the heat and let infuse for 5 minutes.
- If you want to perceive something sweet add star anise.
Its bitter taste is disliked by many, but then the palate gets used to it right away.