White tea comes from the youngest shoots of the Camellia Sinensis plant, which has silvery-white villi on the buds. Of all the varieties of tea, white is the least processed of all, as the leaves are simply steamed and left to dry in the sun, keeping almost all of their nutrients and medicinal properties intact. It is grown only in China, in the Fujian province, and its flavor is delicate, pleasant and slightly sweet. If you have just discovered this variant of tea and want to know what the benefits of white tea are, keep reading this article.
- Numerous studies claim that white tea is one of nature’s most outstanding antioxidants due to the high amount of polyphenols it contains. In fact, this tea variant has been scientifically proven to contain three times more polyphenols than green tea. These antioxidants help fight free radicals, the main responsible for premature aging, and increase the defenses of the immune system.
- White tea has a high amount of flavonoids, a type of antioxidant that fights the development of cancer cells. Thus, thanks to its anti-cancer properties, it is a natural remedy that favors, above all, the prevention of various types of cancer, among which colon, prostate, skin and stomach cancers stand out.
- White tea is highly beneficial for treating both low and high blood pressure as it helps to soften thick blood and regulate arterial function and blood flow. Likewise, thanks to the catechins it contains, an antioxidant from the flavonoid family, it favors the reduction of cholesterol.
- By regulating blood pressure, lowering cholesterol, and promoting blood flow, white tea lowers the chance of cardiovascular disease. Thus, it protects both the heart and the circulatory system thanks to its cardiac properties. In the same way, scientific researchers confirm that it is also very beneficial for all those people who suffer from bone diseases, such as arthritis , because it provides greater density and strength to our bones.
- Its antibacterial and antiviral properties are also well known and make white tea an ideal natural remedy to combat all kinds of viral diseases, such as the flu . Likewise, it is highly beneficial for treating bacterial-type skin conditions such as acne and impurities.6
- In relation to its antibacterial properties, white tea fights the bacteria that cause dental plaque and reduces the creation of cavities, bad breath, and oral diseases such as gingivitis or periodontitis. This variant of tea promotes oral health by providing the necessary nutrients to our teeth to keep them strong, thanks to the fact that it contains a small amount of fluoride.
- Drink two cups of white tea a day and take advantage of each and every one of its benefits. You will see how in a short time your skin looks more radiant and you feel stronger, thanks to the fact that it allows you to increase your defenses. In addition, it stimulates fat burning if accompanied by exercise and a balanced diet .