Can you imagine the explosion of flavor that your palate can experience when combining ginger with cinnamon? Not only is it possible to enjoy an exquisite infusion with these two powerful ingredients, but in addition to discovering a unique flavor, your body will be able to experience all the benefits that this prodigious drink provides.
We tell you what ginger and cinnamon tea is for and how to make it, but we also talk about possible recipes and all the properties that these two ingredients contain. Keep reading!
What is ginger and cinnamon tea for: benefits, properties and nutrients
Cinnamon and ginger tea is a drink that contains natural ingredients and is very easy to prepare. The two great protagonists, ginger and cinnamon, in addition to being easy to obtain, can be very beneficial for your health, since they have numerous properties. We see them below:
Nutrients and properties of ginger and cinnamon
- Ginger nutrients : ginger is a food rich mainly in phenolic substances, in minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus and potassium and in vitamins. Among the most beneficial vitamins in this food, vitamin B6 (closely related to mood and insomnia) and vitamin C (essential for proper development and growth) stand out. Due to these nutrients, ginger is an ingredient with antioxidant, antibacterial and antiseptic properties that translate into a large number of benefits for your health.
- Cinnamon nutrients : this ingredient is also very rich in minerals such as potassium, phosphorus and iron, but it also has essential vitamins for our well-being, including vitamin C, mentioned above, and vitamin B1, known for be responsible for helping transform carbohydrates into energy. Next, we explain all the benefits that these nutrients and properties can bring you.
Ginger and cinnamon tea for weight loss
There are people who stick to strict diets to lose weight. Others, on the other hand, exert themselves physically by spending hours exercising at the gym or at home. However, it is very frustrating when the effort does not give the results that we expected.
If this is your case, ginger and cinnamon tea recipes for weight loss may be just what you need to burn fat. Do you know how this infusion can benefit you? This wonderful tea is a great metabolism booster, so it will help you spend more energy and get rid of fat that your body does not need.
It is important to keep in mind that although this infusion is very beneficial, it is not a miracle recipe, so you should add it to your diet but without stopping eating well and exercising daily. Due to the energy that this tea will provide you, you will perform more in training and in a matter of time you will see your body slimmer and slimmer.
If you want to discover how to prepare this infusion to lose those extra kilos, we recommend this article How to make ginger, cinnamon and lemon tea to lose weight .
Ginger and cinnamon tea for the flu
In addition to the benefits it can bring to your weight, this infusion is also an effective solution to combat the flu and other colds that usually appear in winter. This is because the union of the nutrients of these two ingredients (vitamin C, phosphorus, potassium, etc.) helps to strengthen your immune system.
If you still have no reason to try this delicious mixture, you should know that ginger and cinnamon tea is also very effective in counteracting one of the most annoying symptoms of colds, flu and flu: cough. Also, the ginger and cinnamon tea recipe for the flu will help you regulate your body temperature in cold weather and will increase your body temperature. Precisely for this reason, you should avoid drinking this infusion if you have a fever.
Cinnamon and ginger tea for digestion
Ginger and cinnamon tea is ideal if you consider that your digestion is slow or if you often suffer from gastritis. This is because these two ingredients are very beneficial, especially for the digestive system , since they can provide you with a large number of advantages:
- Balances gastric juices.
- It facilitates the digestion of fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
- Regulates intestinal function and prevents the rise of blood sugar.
- Eliminate the gases produced by some foods in your belly.
This very healthy tea has prodigious properties, since it acts as an antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antiemetic (that is, it prevents vomiting).
Cinnamon and ginger tea for blood circulation
You already know that blood circulation is the vehicle that carries oxygen and essential nutrients to all the organs of your body. Well, this infusion also has the ability to stimulate and improve blood circulation, mainly due to cinnamon. This is possible because this ingredient has anticoagulant properties that prevent and prevent the formation of thrombi and clots.
In addition, ginger and cinnamon tea can reduce unhealthy cholesterol, as it has very favorable antioxidant compounds.
Ginger and cinnamon tea to purify and detoxify the liver
The liver is one of the most important organs in our body, as it is responsible for filtering and eliminating toxic substances accumulated in the bloodstream.
Due to its hepatoprotective characteristics , that is, its ability to protect this vital organ, ginger and cinnamon tea helps cleanse and purify the liver when it is overloaded with tasks.
Liver inflammation is a more common problem than you think, but even so, it is very important that you treat it in time to prevent it from damaging you excessively.
ginger and cinnamon tea for bad breath
If you suffer from this unpleasant problem, ginger and cinnamon tea will help reduce halitosis. This problem can appear for several reasons: poor oral hygiene, sinusitis, foods such as onions or garlic, and also, tobacco.
Ginger and cinnamon tea can help you treat this unpleasant problem, since these ingredients act as a natural astringent and stimulate some digestive processes.
ginger and cinnamon tea for headaches
Cinnamon is a good natural relaxant, while ginger is a great anti-inflammatory ingredient. For this reason, by combining both foods, a good remedy against migraine is achieved . In fact, there are massage therapists who even use cinnamon ginger tea as part of aromatherapy treatments to help their patients overcome this ailment.
How to prepare ginger and cinnamon tea
If you want to learn how to make cinnamon ginger tea on your own, these are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 slice of coarse ginger root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ lemon
- 1 cup of water (250ml)
Next, we show you, step by step, how to prepare ginger and cinnamon tea :
- The first thing you should do is wash the ginger root well and grate it.
- Once you have the ginger clean and grated, boil a cup of water and then add the grated ginger with the cinnamon.
- Cook the mixture for about 10 minutes over low heat.
- While you wait, wash the lemon and extract the juice from one of its halves to add it to the infusion. If you prefer, you can also cut a slice and add it to the cup without squeezing the juice. The lemon flavor, in this case, will be more subtle.
- Finally, filter the liquid in a strainer and let it rest for a few minutes so as not to burn yourself.
Contraindications of ginger tea with cinnamon
Although it is an infusion made from completely natural ingredients, this tea also has its contraindications. Here are some to help you avoid putting your health at risk:
- If you suffer from digestive problems, avoid drinking ginger tea with cinnamon, since the mixture of both ingredients could irritate your stomach and worsen the symptoms.
- It is not recommended, either, that children consume this infusion, since both its flavor and its effects could be too strong for the little ones.
- Avoid taking this infusion if you are pregnant, as it could put the child’s health at risk, especially during the first weeks of pregnancy.
Despite these contraindications and as we have seen in the previous sections, this infusion has great benefits for your health in general.