In Korean and Japanese culture this drink is widely consumed, even children drink it. It is served hot or cold, even instead of water. It does not contain caffeine, so it helps to sleep. Many are those who enjoy drinking it for its toasted nut flavor. In this post we will tell you how to make barley tea taste good .
In Japan it is called mugicha, a refreshing drink that is frequently drunk in the hot season. In Korea it is known as boricha and is drunk hot or cold. Barley tea is also made by adding roasted corn to soften the barley flavor.
Barley tea is made with roasted barley grains or raw barley roasted at home. Its preparation is simple, in the same way as a loose leaf tea is made. In 1980 it began to arrive in stores in bags, even with special packaging for children. If you prefer to drink it like coffee, it is mixed with chicory.
How to make barley tea taste good. barley milk
This drink is not as popular as other popular milk options: cow, soy, or almond. It has many benefits, among them: it favors digestion, protects the skin from free radicals, prevents arthritis problems, etc.
1. With salt
To know how to make barley tea taste good, this preparation is one of the options and requires the following ingredients:
- 200 grams of barley.
- A pinch of sea salt.
- 400 ml of water.
Its preparation is like this:
- Wash the barley very well in cold water.
- In a pot, boil the water for 6 minutes.
- Then, the fire is lowered and the barley is cooked for about 20 minutes.
- Add the salt and turn off the heat.
- Barley is crushed.
To prepare sweet barley milk, the following ingredients are required:
- 100 grams of barley.
- A liter of water.
- A cinnamon stick.
- A teaspoon of honey.
- Peel of half a lemon.
Its preparation consists of:
- Wash the barley well to remove impurities.
- Boil the barley in a liter of water.
- Once it softens, add the cinnamon, the shell and the honey.
- We turn off and let cool.
- It is served.
Another way to make barley tea taste good is by blending the grains. The following ingredients are required:
- 200 grams of barley.
- 800 ml of water.
- A pinch of salt.
- Sweetener to taste.
These are the steps to prepare it:
- It is necessary to soften the barley, for this it must be soaked for about 12 hours.
- Once the time has elapsed, we rinse and remove the impurities.
- Blend it with 2 cups of water and gradually increase the speed.
- We proceed to strain the preparation and then sweeten it. Add the salt and voila! It is served cold.
Add this preparation to your diet. It is very healthy and will allow you to maintain a balanced diet. In addition to giving a feeling of satiety, it will provide necessary nutrients to your body.
How to make barley tea taste good. other recipes
There are other recipes that include the barley tea
Here we bring you two of them.
1. Barley tea with flaxseed
This drink is suitable both in hot and cold weather, it is also excellent for combating kidney problems or kidney failure. It doesn’t cure it, but at least it alleviates. Barley tea with flaxseed is healthy, due to its protein content. In the northern areas of Peru, a lot is drunk to combat the cold or to calm the heat.
Its ingredients are easy to find in any store, even in various presentations. These are:
- Half a kilo of barley.
- ¼ kg of flaxseed.
- Sugar in c/n
- Cloves and cinnamon.
- Two lemons.
To do it is with the following steps:
- If you did not manage to buy the roasted barley, then it will be your turn to roast it.
- To do so, have a frying pan or pot without oil, preferably a clay pot.
- You throw the barley and when it turns brown you remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Wash and soak in a liter of water for 10 minutes.
- Boil with cinnamon. When it boils, add the flaxseed and let it cook.
- It should be left for about 40 minutes so that its ingredients release their nutrients, which are what they will serve to drink it.
- After time, it strains to obtain only the water.
- The infusion obtained can be drunk hot or cold, you can add the two lemons and sugar to improve the flavor.
2. Barley tea with pineapple
Another way to make barley tea taste good is by combining it with pineapple, it will make a delicious drink to cool off. These are the ingredients:
- A cup of barley tea.
- 500 grams of pineapple.
- 300 grams of brown sugar.
- Three lemons.
Its preparation consists of the following steps:
- Barley tea should be ready to reduce steps.
- Once it is ready, add the sugar and the juice of the three lemons.
- Add pineapple by tearing a teaspoon around the heart.
- Add ice cubes.
- Ready! Let’s drink this rich preparation!