Blooming tea is the tea made from flowers. This type of tea making originates from Fujian region, from China, where women with manual agility assemble up to 400 flowers a day. They form tea balls with a diameter of 2 centimeters, with flowers, leaves and threads.
During the process, Silver Needle green tea buds are used, because its leaves are easier to handle, as well as flexible and are good in the form of an infusion. this kind of tea consists of covering fresh flowers with white tea leaves and then twisting them into a round shape. When submerged in hot water, they open and unfold to display their flowers.
Many people think that this type of tea is legendary, however, its origin dates back to the year 1980. Apparently it was in China and then it spread to the West in the year 2000 along with Asian-style food and decoration. The Chinese version consists of flowers wrapped by hand by artisans.
Blooming Tea Flavors
There are various floral combinations that can be made with blooming tea . Here are some of the most exotic and original flavors and aromas.
- Green tea with jasmine. It is the most popular combination of the tea flowers. Its floral aroma is extracted by steam drying the green tea leaves. Its fragrance is sweet and soft, it is associated with properties against anxiety and bad mood.
- White tea with jasmine. It is similar to the previous one, the difference is the type of tea. Sometimes a touch of vanilla is added, resulting in a delicate and refreshing flavor.
- Green tea with hibiscus. The calyx of the Jamaican flower is used, which gives it a sweet and sour flavor, similar to blueberry. It is another of the most requested combinations, especially for its slimming properties. To soften the bittersweet taste, it is usually combine with fruits Like apples or strawberries.
- White tea with orange blossom. The intense aroma of orange blossom flowers is given by its essential oils. In addition to being used at weddings, they are also used to flavor white tea, being more subtle and giving it more character.
- Black tea with roses. Its flavor is relaxing and delicate. It is a golden colored tea and can be found with other flavors, such as cherry or red fruit.
- Green tea with magnolia. The aroma of this rich infusion is a vegetal mixture with the sweetness of the magnolia that is also refreshing. It is a drink with certain touches of umami and is recommended for those fans of exotic infusions.
- Black tea with lavender. Lavender has a particular aroma that is ideal for flavoring black tea. Perfect for falling asleep and relaxing the body.
Blooming Tea Benefits
This drink has a number of health benefits. Let’s get to know them:
- It has a high content of antioxidants. The contribution is attributed to the flavonoids and catechins found in green tea. They have anti-inflammatory effects and inhibit free radicals and the formation of toxins in the body.
- It helps to lose weight. Due to its low caloric content and its beneficial effects on metabolism, it is a great ally in weight loss. The caffeine present in tea is responsible for mobilizing amino acids to provide energy to the body.
- Protect cardiovascular health. Blooming tea from Chile wrapped with green tea leaves reduces bad cholesterol levels, which are what cause the formation of fatty plaques in the arteries.
- Reduces the risk of cancer. Green tea leaves have antimutagenic effects, making it an excellent drink that reduces cancer risks, especially breast cancer.
- Reduces anxiety. We know that drinking a cup of tea is relaxing. Blooming tea has calming effects, relaxing and calming the body. If you feel stressed, a cup of this infusion will make you feel good.
- Improves the skin. The skin is where the aging process is most reflected: wrinkles, spots or sun damage. By having antioxidants they prevent the accumulation of free radicals in the body that are the ones that damage the skin.
- Protects oral health. Green tea contains catechins that protect against microbial activity in the mouth, preventing the formation of cavities and bad breath.
How to brew blooming tea
Not only do you take advantage of its benefits, blooming tea also has an attractive appearance that encourages your purchase. For the full enjoyment of this drink, it must be prepared and served in a glass container, in order to better appreciate its flavor and aroma.
The flower teas In general, they feel soft on the palate, so they are soaked in hot water to better appreciate their aroma. The way of preparing any of its variants It comes in its packaging. Here is a recipe that will serve as a guide to prepare it:
- Teapot or glass container.
Method of preparation:
- Two cups of water should be boiled.
- This water is then poured into the glass container.
- Drop the blooming tea ball into it which, when it hits bottom, due to the effect of hot water, it will open up, just like a flower.
- Let the tea infuse for 5 minutes to release its aroma and nutrients.
- Ready! Now enjoy drinking it and appreciate its lovely taste.
This drink is drunk hot or cold. Blooming Tea Ball can be reused up to three times. Its flavor is best used in a period of no more than 24 hours, after the first use. And much better if you buy your organic teas at your trusted store.