Chaga mushrooms grow on birch trees and are considered a super food for their amount of nutrients. In addition, they have so many antioxidants that they surpass those of green tea and a great ability to fight malignant cells in the body. Learn in this post how to make Chaga tea taste good .
For thousands of years it has been used in natural medicine throughout the world. The fungus is dark brown in color and although it grows mostly on birch, it also grows on alder, maple or beech.
In ancient times it was used even by Hippocrates (father of medicine) in infusions to clean wounds. In addition, in the twelfth century it was used in Siberia in treatments against tuberculosis, parasites, gastrointestinal problems and inflammations.
It is usually prepared in the form of a tea and is included in 46 medicines where its betulin is used for betulinic acid. This substance is only found in this fungus that grows on the birch and has properties calming and regenerative.
How to make Chaga tea taste good. Chaga Tea Uses
To know how to make Chaga tea taste good, it is necessary to identify its benefits and properties:
- The mushroom mainly contains polyphenols, polysaccharides, melanin and triterpenes. The most studied are polysaccharides that have immune, antioxidant, hypoglycemic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. In the case of melanin, it has antioxidant effects that inhibit the aging process and inflammation.
- Strengthens the immune system. Studies reveal the proliferation of immune lymphocytes as a result of the action of polysaccharides. In addition, it regulates the formation of cytokines that regulate the function of other cells of the immune system.
- Skin diseases. It is used to treat skin problems such as acne, athlete’s foot, atopic dermatitis, and blemishes. Even chaga tea can improve eczema, psoriasis, and wound healing problems.
Tips when preparing Chaga tea
The methods used to extract the tincture from the chaga mushroom It may seem easy, but there are certain tips that could help you to make your chaga tea taste better.
- For a sweeter taste, add elk syrup or honey to the Chaga tea.
- Chaga mushrooms can be soaked several times to get the most out of them.
- save the chaga tea in a glass jar in the fridge to keep it. Do not put a lid on it.
- To powder the Chaga mushroom, use a spice or coffee grinder.
- Before using the tincture, you must shake the bottle.
- The tincture can be mixed with other ingredients such as: coffee, iced tea, smoothies or chai.
- Before using the mushrooms you should ensure that they are dry (they take between 4 to 8 weeks).
- Store mushrooms in a dark, dry place, free of moisture.
- Chaga mushrooms cannot be grown at home, they only grow on birch trees. However, you can buy them online.
How to make chaga tea taste good
Here are 5 recipes to learn how to make Chaga tea taste good.
1. Truffles with chaga mushrooms and almonds
Surely with this preparation you will delight all your guests. It is easy to prepare and is very nutritious. The greatest consumption of these mushrooms occurs in northern Europe and Russia. It contains many minerals and vitamins such as: vitamin B complex, vitamin D, copper, zinc, selenium, magnesium, calcium and manfanese.
- A cup of grated coconut.
- 2 grams of mushrooms Chagas.
- ½ cup of coconut oil.
- A cup of almond cream.
- Three tablespoons of honey with vanilla.
Method of preparation:
- In a deep bowl, add all the ingredients and mix them well.
- Store in the fridge for an hour.
- After the time has elapsed, take out the mixture and form small balls and place them on a plate.
- Ready! To enjoy.
2. Classic Chaga Tea
The traditional way to learn how to make Chaga taste good is by preparing classic chaga tea. Its flavor is woody, earthy and soft. If it has a bitter taste, it means that it is not of good quality.
These are the steps:
- In a pot with 400 ml of water, place 4 grams of chaga mushrooms.
- Let boil for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Strain and drink.
3. Long infusion of chaga mushroom
When it is said long infusion it is because the soaking of the fungus takes time, this causes an elevation of its active principles. Apply the following steps for its preparation:
- In a cup place 3 pieces of Chaga mushrooms and cover them with hot water.
- Let sit for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, strain it before drinking it.
4. Chaga tincture
Tinctures are used to apply to the face or certain areas of the skin. Excellent as an alternative treatment for acne, psoriasis or neurodermatitis.
Method of preparation:
- In a pot with 400 ml of water, boil 10 grams of Chaga mushroom for 30 minutes.
- The resulting water is the tincture.
- Store it in the fridge in a closed glass jar.
5. Chaga Smoothies
Another way to know how to make chaga tea taste good is by making chaga mushroom smoothies. Its preparation is like this:
- In a blender with ice, add the fruit of your choice and coconut milk.
- Then add 15 drops of Chaga tincture.
- You can add this tincture to any smoothie.