More than taking a bath in a warm tub, drinking a cup of chamomile tea is the most relaxing thing there is. Ideal in case you feel anxious or when you have had a long working day. The chamomile is included in everything from cosmetics to aromatherapy. Also in rich drinks and recipes. In this article you will learn 5 easy ways to make chamomile tea taste better .
The chamomile is very similar to a daisy flower, this herb does not contain caffeine, its flavor is floral and it comes from the same plant as sunflowers: echinacea and cempasuchil. This flower is associated as a food to relax, but it also indirectly benefits the process of losing weight. Precisely because sometimes the person despairs at not being able to lose weight, because being forced to consume foods that they do not want, but which are essential to reduce size, then a good chamomile tea will help to calm anxiety.
Plants have always been used to alleviate symptoms of some diseases, but also to provoke them.
How do you prepare raspberry leaf tea?
Raspberry leaf tea is prepared using dried and crushed raspberry leaves. For the infusion, dry and crushed raspberry leaves, water and honey are used. Its color is usually light green, it has a dry and bitter taste, but when honey is added its flavor improves considerably.
The preparation of raspberry leaf tea is simple, and it is the way to know how to make chamomile tea taste good , it does not require much time and its ingredients are easy to find. If you want to prepare a raspberry leaf tea you will need: 5 cups of water, ½ cup of crushed raspberry leaves and 5 tablespoons of honey.
If you want to make a delicious cup of raspberry leaves, follow these steps:
- In a pot add water and raspberry leaves and put it on low heat.
- You should let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the honey and stir it until it is well diluted in the preparation.
- Then, cover the pot and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, strain the preparation and it is ready to drink. Serve now, enjoy!
You can find raspberry leaf tea in pharmacies, herbalists and online stores. This tea can also be mixed with other teas or herbs, using equal proportions. However, if you don’t like the taste of this type of tea, you can use capsules.
What herbs are used to advance labor?
Here are some herbs that are useful for pregnancy, early labor and learn how to make chamomile tea taste good :
- It is very effective in relieving nausea and morning sickness. Add a fresh root of ginger to a cup of hot water, sip at intervals.
- It is a plant that can be consumed daily and, in addition, it is very good for digestive problems and to calm the nerves. If you want to relieve tension, have a cup of chamomile tea at bedtime.
- The witch hazel plant is excellent for relieving vein problems, it refreshes and is astringent. To relieve varicose veins, legs and hemorrhoids, dip a cotton pad in distilled witch hazel and apply it to yourself.
- Calendula. This plant helps in the healing of the skin, when combined with the tincture of St. John’s wort it can be used as a lotion in birth tears or for stitches. It can also be used as an oil during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks.
- Raspberry leaf. It is excellent as a uterine tonic that prepares the body for childbirth. The infusion of raspberry leaves should be drunk only in the last trimester of pregnancy. After childbirth it can continue to be drunk, it helps to contract the muscles and increases the quantity of milk.
- Jasmine. This plant has relaxing properties and is ideal as an oil for traditional use, it has a delicious fragrance. In addition, it provides a feeling of tranquility and relaxation. To use it, it must be diluted in an oil base and applied to the lower abdomen, massaging it.
How do you prepare raspberry leaf tea?
The leaves must be fresh and washed thoroughly, or they must be bought already dried at the herbalist’s. With them we can know how to make chamomile tea taste good and prepare infusions, tea and herbal teas. You must have the following ingredients to prepare raspberry leaf tea: 10 fresh raspberry leaves or 2 tablespoons of dried leaves, honey.
To prepare it, perform the following steps:
- Boil the water in a pot.
- Pour the leaves when it boils.
- let it infuse between 5 to 10 minutes over low heat.
- Strain the infusion and sweeten it with a tablespoon of honey or sweetener.
- This tea can also be used externally, making compresses and gargling.
When to start taking raspberry leaves?
Taking raspberry leaves is beneficial because they have uterotonic properties, but it also has contraindications in case of:
- Threat of premature labor.
- scheduled caesarean section, preeclampsia
- Multiple pregnancy.
Now, when is it convenient to start taking raspberry leaves? It is not recommended to consume them before week 37. Gradually the intake should be increased, starting with a daily cup when it reaches week 37, then it increases to one more cup when one more week of gestation is completed. The dose would be like this:
- Week 37 a cup.
- In the 38 it would be 2 cups.
- Week 39, 3 cups a day.
- At 40, 4 cups a day.
- Finally, at week 41, 5 cups a day.
In addition to being a powerful uterine tonic, raspberry leaves contain: vitamin C, calcium, folic acid, magnesium, potassium, and flavonoids (a substance that helps purify the liver and kidneys). It also contains tannins that can cause ulcers or gastritis, and constipation. It helps to understand how to make chamomile tea taste good .
Taking raspberry leaves does not necessarily induce labor, because it does not cause it to occur, but it contributes to the fact that once the contractions start, they increase and are effective. Before you start consuming it, you should consult your gynecologist who will tell you if you can take it or not.
On the other hand, the chamomile tea helps soothe allergy symptoms, so it is a product that should always be at home.