The raspberry is a fruit that comes from the raspberry plant and its history goes back thousands of years. As is known, the Paleolithic times consumed this fruit, also at the time of Christ when it was collected in ancient Troy. This fruit is native to North America, but also grows in northern Europe. In this article we bring you 5 easy ways to make raspberry leaf tea taste better .
You may know this fruit for its rich flavor and characteristic color, however, it is not the only thing that offers these benefits. For example, its leaves are used to make tea for potential and therapeutic purposes, and also to treat wounds, colic, and diarrhea.
1. How is raspberry leaf tea prepared?
Raspberry leaf tea has the ability to restore all female parts. For example, the leaves of the plant contain vitamin C and it is very good as an oxygenate. Its vitamins and minerals help purify the kidneys and liver. In addition, the raspberry plant regulates the menstrual cycle and reduces the symptoms associated with it.
To know how to make raspberry leaf tea taste good, you need to learn how to prepare it. For this you must have a pot, water, raspberry leaves and a strainer or sieve. When you already have everything mentioned, proceed to add the water in the pot and put it on the fire until it boils. While you wait for this, take the raspberries and remove the leaves, because that is where their flavor and aroma are most concentrated.
When the water starts to boil, turn it off and add the raspberries, remove it from the heat and let it infuse for about 5 minutes. Finished infusing, proceed to strain it into a cup or teapot, helped with the strainer or sieve. Once strained you can sweeten it with honey, sugar or sweetener. The raspberry leaf tea You can drink it cold or hot, it will depend on the time of year in which you are. In any of the forms, neither its flavor nor its aroma will be lost.
It is important not to drink it at the beginning of pregnancy because it can cause contractions in the uterine area. It is best to consult with the specialist, if it is approved, the recommended thing is a cup a day.
2. What herbs are used to advance labor?
- Lavender oil is an excellent calming and anti-inflammatory that helps in healing after childbirth. You can add 4 to 5 drops of lavender oil to the bath water. In the case of women who suffer from mastitis, place 3 to 4 drops in warm water and apply it in compresses with a cloth.
- Calendula. It is very nutritious and helps in the healing of the skin after childbirth. If you combine it with St. John’s Wort, you can use it as a lotion to clean the stitches and tears of childbirth. You can also use it with the macerated oil, and you apply it on the skin during pregnancy, it helps to avoid stretch marks.
- Raspberry leaf. Conditions the body for childbirth. Raspberry leaves should be consumed in the form of an infusion in the last trimester of pregnancy. After delivery, you can continue taking it for three more weeks, so it will help to contract the muscles and increase the flow of milk.
- Jasmine. Jasmine properties can be used during childbirth to relax and provide a sense of calm and security.
3. When to start taking raspberry leaves?
To learn how to make raspberry leaf tea taste good, keep in mind that in the postpartum these sheets help the uterus return to its original size and decrease bleeding. As it has uterine tonic properties, it is recommended to consume it before week 37. Then, in the following weeks, increase one more. For example, in the 37 it will be a cup, in the 38, 2 cups and so on.
In the postpartum week it will be the same, but in reverse, you will start with 4 cups and you will reduce them as your body recovers. More research is still needed on the effects of this tea, but there are studies that state that it is very effective.
4. What does raspberry tea contain?
Raspberry leaves have a number of health-promoting compounds, including natural antioxidants including flavonoids, ellagic acid, and tannins. In addition, the tea made with these leaves has anti-inflammatory, diuretic, antibacterial and relaxing effects.
In a study, determined how to make raspberry leaf tea taste good , its leaves contain abundant vitamins A, B, C and E. It also has iron, magnesium, calcium and manganese. In the case of magnesium, it strengthens the uterus and helps muscle tone to recover.
5. How do you make an infusion of raspberry leaves?
The elements that contain raspberry leaves favor contractions, so the infusion of raspberry leaves should only be prepared for childbirth, when these contractions need to occur. What obstetricians recommend is to wait until you reach the 37th week of pregnancy. Also these leaves are used in early pregnancy because it relieves morning sickness. In case you decide to consume them, let your doctor determine the dose.
The raspberry tea You can find it in pharmacies, online stores or herbalists. To prepare the tea you must do the following: in a cup add hot water and a teaspoon of raspberry leaves. Let it rest for about 5 minutes. You can also mix raspberry tea with other teas or herbs, but in equal proportions. If the taste of the tea is not to your liking, but you want to benefit from its properties, then choose to use raspberry leaf capsules.