Rosemary is a plant widely used both as an infusion and as a spice for meals. Its scientific name is Rosmarinus officinalis and it comes from the Mediterranean and Portugal regions. The parts that are used of it are the flowers and the dried leaves. In this post you will learn how to make rosemary tea taste good.
Rosemary tea uses
Before knowing how to make rosemary tea taste good, let’s know what it is applied to.
Relieves cold and flu symptoms
Prepare An infusion of rosemary is excellent for fighting cold and flu symptoms. However, this infusion is more effective if it is applied in the form of vaporizations to be inhaled and treat respiratory and digestive infections.
As a nutritional supplement
Consuming rosemary as a supplement is a way to take advantage of its properties. It acts as a natural antibiotic to fight bacteria, but also because of its antioxidants it is excellent for strengthening the immune system.
It stimulates hair growth
The properties of rosemary can be used on the hair in the form of shampoo, oil or cream. However, the main use of rosemary on hair is to give it an intense rehabilitation. In addition, it combats seborrheic dermatitis, while giving shine and strength.
Improves the appearance of the skin
To achieve healthy and smooth skin, it is best to use rosemary in the form of a cream or oil. The quintessential cream is easily absorbed and is ideal for dry and cracked skin.
Help in weight loss
Rosemary can be used as a weight loss supplement, thanks to its diuretic properties that reduce fluid retention in the body.
How to make rosemary tea taste good. contraindications
To know how to make rosemary tea taste good, it is necessary to know certain contraindications that you should consider. Consuming it in excess can cause the following effects:
- Vomiting, gastroenteritis, abdominal spasms.
- Obstruction of the bile ducts.
- It is contraindicated to drink it during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
- It can affect fertility in men and women.
- If consumed in large amounts it can cause seizures.
How to make rosemary tea taste good
The rosemary tea It is an infusion that is used more for its medicinal nature than for its sensory enjoyment. However, it does not mean that it can be prepared as a drink to take advantage of its properties. Let’s look at 5 ways on how to make rosemary tea taste good .
1. Rosemary tea with chamomile and honey
With this preparation we will take advantage of its piney, fresh, menthol and astringent nuances. It is a way of giving sweet taste using chamomile and honey. To prepare it you must:
- Place a sprig of rosemary and a teaspoon of chamomile in a cup of boiling water.
- Cover and let infuse for 5 minutes.
2. Traditional rosemary tea
This traditional drink is very easy to prepare: add a sprig of fresh rosemary to a cup of boiling water. Cover and let it infuse for 5 minutes and then drink.
3. Rosemary tea with lemon
This preparation is another way to know how to make rosemary tea taste good . Lemon is the citric touch that it gives to the infusion, in addition, it provides vitamin C and properties that contribute to weight loss and adds energy to the body. By merging rosemary and lemon, a healthy drink is formed with good taste and can be accompanied with other preparations.
- Three medium lemons.
- Two sprigs of rosemary.
- ¾ cup of water.
- Ice and honey.
It is prepared like this:
- Wash the rosemary and lemon with water.
- Cut the lemon into quarters.
- Bring ¾ cup of water to a boil in a pot over medium heat.
- When it’s about to boil add the rosemary and lemon.
- Turn off and let infuse for 5 minutes.
- Once the drink rests, transfer it to a jug, sweeten it with honey and add ice.
- Serve and drink. You can decorate with lemon slices.
If you want to use this drink to lose weight or treat a body problem, it is best to consult your doctor. Value your health and consume these types of drinks responsibly.
4. Rosemary tea with mint
We can mix many herbs to make concoctions, including the infusion of rosemary with mint, becoming another way to make rosemary tea taste good. In addition, they also serve as aromatic herbs in meals, giving it a better flavor and providing its innumerable properties.
- A few sprigs of rosemary.
- A cup of water.
- 1 tablespoon of mint.
Its preparation is very simple. Follow these steps:
- In a pot, heat the water.
- When it is about to boil add the rosemary and the mint.
- Get off the heat and let it infuse for 5 minutes.
- Strain the preparation.
- Ready! Baby.
5. Rosemary, basil and rue tea
These three herbs provide health benefits, for example, they treat and prevent: bronchial problems, strengthens the immune system, improves heart function and allows good blood circulation.
- A cup of water.
- A few sprigs of rosemary.
- 1 twigs of rue.
- A teaspoon of basil leaves
Method of preparation:
- Put a pot with water over medium heat.
- As soon as it starts to boil, add the rosemary, rue and basil.
- Turn off the heat and let it infuse for 5 minutes.
- Strain and drink.