In cold climates or rainy days, a delicious cup of chocolate tea should never be missing, and if you accompany it with something sweet it will be simply heavenly. Although it is delicious by itself there are ways to prepare it, we will teach you how to make chocolate tea taste good .
Chocolate tea is one of those drinks that you can’t resist, no matter how many calories and fat content it has. Dark chocolate contains iron, magnesium, minerals, protein, and B vitamins.
One of the peculiarities of this delicious drink is that with just a small amount it lifts your spirits, thanks to theobromine, which is what produces that feeling of well-being. This substance raises excitement and good spirits, it is also a good stimulant for the heart and kidneys.
Here are some benefits of chocolate tea.
How to make chocolate tea taste good. Benefits
If you’re on a weight loss diet, go for dark chocolate with 70% cocoa, because it’s low in sugar. This feature is important if you want to know how to make chocolate tea taste good and thus take full advantage of its benefits.
Among the antioxidants that chocolate tea contains are polyphenols, flavonoids and catechins. These antioxidants help to inhibit the free radicals that are the ones that cause the oxidation of the cells.
Keeps the heart healthy
There are studies that maintain that the properties of chocolate tea help prevent heart disease. This is because it contains oleic acid, a natural butter like olive oil, and Omega 3.
Allows blood to reach the brain
Before knowing how chocolate tea tastes good, it is important to know that another of its properties is to boost blood to the brain and heart. This would help keep cognitive functions active.
Keeps skin healthy
Due to its high content of antioxidants, it prevents cells from being damaged by the action of free radicals, keeping the skin healthy and hydrated.
Contains many nutrients
Chocolate tea has essential minerals that support good health. Its nutritional composition is composed of proteins, minerals (calcium, copper, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron) and vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, thiamin, riboflavin and pantothenic).
How to make chocolate tea taste good
Here are 5 ways to prepare chocolate tea so that you have variety when tasting this delicious drink.
1. Chocolate tea without milk
It is the traditional way of preparing it. You need 90 grams of chocolate per cup and 1 ½ cups of hot water. The chocolate it must be melted in bain-marie. Then, over moderate heat, add the hot water little by little, stirring constantly, until it reaches the consistency you want. Don’t let it boil.
2. Chocolate tea with a touch of orange
To know how chocolate tea tastes good is to give it a touch of orange (juice of ½ orange), grated orange peel and 1/3 cup of water.
- Once you melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, add the orange zest.
- Next, heat the water and add the orange juice.
- Now, gradually pour the melted chocolate into that water and do not stop stirring.
- You must not let it boil.
3. Milk chocolate tea
It is a perfect option to enjoy this infusion hot chocolate, either to resist the cold or just spend some time enjoying the drink. To prepare it you will need 90 grams of mug chocolate and 2 cups of milk.
- Put the chocolate in a bain-marie to melt it.
- Then, add the chocolate to the milk, stirring over moderate heat until it boils and thickens.
- If you prefer, add cinnamon.
4. Chocolate tea with spices
Take into account the ingredients to make this preparation:
- 90 grams of cup chocolate.
- Two cups of water.
- Nutmeg zest.
- Sarrapia to taste.
to prepare it follow the next steps:
- Heat the water with the grated nutmeg and sarrapia (preferably ½ teaspoon so that the flavor is mild).
- When the water boils, turn off and let it infuse.
- Next, proceed to melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Remove from heat and add to spice water, heating over moderate heat.
- Do not stop stirring and do not boil.
This preparation was made by the Latin American Indians who were the precursors of this cocoa-based drink and who reserved it for the gods and rituals. Archaeological discoveries revealed that the Mayans fermented cacao.
The Aztecs called this drink cacaoatl or cocoa water, to which they added spices and herbs, achieving spicy, sweet and bitter flavors.
5. Chocolate and beetroot tea
To know how chocolate tea tastes good is to combine it with beets. The ingredients are the following:
- Chocolate in cup.
- 1 medium beetroot.
- A cup of water.
- Cinnamon to taste.
Prepare it as follows:
- Introduce the beetroot chopped in two with the water into the blender and blend.
- Strain and reserve.
- Melt 1/3 of the cup chocolate in a double boiler.
- Get out of the fire.
- Add to the cup of beetroot juice and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add cinnamon if you prefer.
- Do not let boil.