The artichoke is a plant of the genus Cynara that grows in warm places. It may not be delicious for many, but what it does stand out for is its flavor and health benefits. Its plant is widely used for countless treatments, for example, to control diabetes or to eliminate gallstones. In this post you will learn what artichoke tea is .
It is important to know about artichoke tea and what it is for , for years it has been part of natural medicine, fighting vesicular diseases, stimulating appetite and improving digestion. By containing a large amount of B vitamins and minerals (calcium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, magnesium and iron) it becomes a very nutritious drink.
What is artichoke tea used for?
It is important to know about artichoke tea and its benefits so that you can consider including it in your daily diet or enjoying it at any time. Let’s see some of them:
- If artichoke and pineapple tea is combined , a large number of properties are added, such as: digestive properties, thanks to its high fiber content. Promotes good intestinal bacteria that help prevent constipation, diarrhea, and intestinal cancers.
- On the other hand, artichoke tea is used to lose weight due to its fiber content and because it leaves a feeling of satiety that prevents overeating. It also helps in the proper functioning of the kidneys, prevents fluid retention and gas formation.
- Helps relieve heartburn, eliminating stomach discomfort and pain.
- Combat high cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, thus avoiding cardiovascular diseases.
- By fighting bad cholesterol, it prevents atherosclerosis and high blood pressure.
- Controls the production of bile.
- Artichoke tea is used to lose weight due to its diuretic properties (avoiding fluid retention), it eliminates toxins and reduces fat. These properties are also given by artichoke tea and green tea.
- Artichoke tea has properties that are said to help prevent some cancers, thanks to the action of caffeic and pantothenic acids and flavonoids.
How to prepare artichoke tea and how to drink it
The artichoke plant is more than a food, it is excellent in hot dishes and salads, but also in the form of tea and infusions. Let’s see some recipes where artichoke tea is included .
Traditional artichoke tea
Before preparing it, it is necessary to gather the following ingredients:
- 20 grams of artichoke leaves.
- 1 ½ cup of water.
Method of preparation:
- In a pot boil the water.
- Once grass, the leaves are added.
- Let it boil for about 10 minutes.
- Get off the heat, strain and let infuse for 5 minutes.
It is recommended to drink a maximum of 3 cups a day (half an hour before each meal).
Artichoke tea and green tea
It is important to know what artichoke tea and green tea are for . By combining them, enzymes are obtained that help in the digestive process and prevent fluid retention. Its preparation is simple.
- ½ artichoke.
- Three tablespoons of green tea.
- A liter of pure water.
- honey to taste
How is it prepared:
- Boil the water in a pot.
- When grass is added the artichoke and wait for it to soften.
- Add the green tea and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the preparation, serve and sweeten with honey.
Artichoke tea, with red, green and white tea
Knowing what green tea, red tea and white tea artichoke tea is for will allow you to understand why it is so consumed. Its infusions, by themselves, provide innumerable properties that improve health, now let’s imagine how many benefits all together. Among its benefits are: regulates blood pressure, helps lose weight and is a natural antioxidant.
To prepare artichoke tea , with red, green and white tea, the following ingredients are required:
- 1 ½ of artichoke.
- A spoonful of green tea.
- A liter of water.
- 1 tablespoon of red tea.
- A spoonful of white tea.
- honey to taste
How to prepare it:
- Wash and cut the artichoke.
- Boil the water.
- After 5 minutes of boiling add the artichoke.
- Add the teas one at a time. First the green, then the red, and then the white tea.
- Mix everything and leave for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the artichoke and strain it, if you prefer.
- Sweeten with honey.
- serve and drink the artichoke infusion warm.
Artichoke tea contraindications
Despite the benefits of artichoke tea, you have to be careful because it has some contraindications. For example, it can cause biliary obstructions, kidney stones or affect pregnant women. Let’s see in detail the contraindications of artichoke tea :
- Kidney stones. Artichokes have a high concentration of oxalates, which are what cause kidney stones. That is why its consumption should be moderated.
- It is also counterproductive in people with gallbladder stones, because stimulation in that organ could cause biliary colic.
- Pregnant and lactation period. There is no downside to eat artichoke during pregnancy, but since its effects are not clear during this period, it is best not to consume it.
- Neither during the lactation period because it can decrease milk production. When consumed as a natural medicine, it can have more intense effects. In this sense, you should avoid consuming artichoke capsules, pills or tea during breastfeeding.