Blue tea, also known as oolong tea, is a tea of Asian origin highly appreciated for its different flavor, which is between green and black tea but with a much more fruity and floral aroma. In addition to its characteristic flavor, this variety has caused a lot of rage today due to numerous studies that have revealed its incredible effects to lose weight in a completely natural and faster way. And it is that among other things, it favors the burning of fats, the elimination of liquids and, thanks to this, the loss of volume.
Properties of blue tea for weight loss
Blue tea has become one of the most popular options to promote weight loss, burn fat more quickly and enhance the effects of a diet designed to lose those kilos that are left over from our figure. Next, we detail all the slimming properties that blue tea offers and that have made it an ideal drink to combat overweight:
- It contains a high percentage of catechins, very powerful antioxidants that speed up metabolism and increase thermogenesis levels, making it an excellent product for removing and burning accumulated fat. So much so that some specialists have stated that this fat-burning capacity is even greater than that of other highly antioxidant tea varieties, such as green tea.
- It offers a great diuretic action that prevents the accumulation of fluids and toxins, thus effectively fighting conditions such as fluid retention, which in turn favors volume loss.
- It is beneficial for the functioning of the digestive system, as it stimulates the production of gastric secretions and benefits the process of digestion of ingested food.
- In addition, as it contains caffeine, it favors the stimulation of the body and it can burn many more calories.
- It is also purifying, facilitates the functions of the liver and prevents toxins and harmful substances from being accumulated in the body, harming its health.
- Thanks to its fat-burning effect and to the fact that it improves liver metabolism, it is indicated to reduce high levels of cholesterol in the blood.
If, in addition to knowing these properties, you want to know what other benefits oolong tea has for the body, we recommend that you consult the article What are the benefits of blue tea .
Drink blue tea for weight loss
Now you know how oolong tea can help you lose weight, but do you really know how you should prepare and drink it to obtain the expected results? Next, we show you the guidelines that you must follow in detail. First, you will have to go to a herbalist or store specializing in the sale of natural products and purchase blue tea bags or its leaves to prepare the infusions that will serve you to fulfill your purpose of losing weight successfully.
Depending on the variety you choose, you should look at one of the following ways to prepare blue tea:
- Blue tea leaves: first, in a saucepan add a cup of mineral water and add 1 teaspoon of blue tea leaves. Put it on the fire and wait for the water to boil, once you see this happen, turn off the heat, let the infusion rest for 3 minutes and, finally, strain it to remove the remains of the leaves. If you have a clay or earthen teapot, we advise you to prepare it in it, since the properties of blue tea remain intact in this type of material.
- Blue tea bags: if you opt for this variety, you just have to put the blue tea bag in a cup of boiling water and let it infuse for 5 or 6 minutes. For a more intense flavor, you can wait about 2 more minutes. After this time, remove the bag and it is ready to drink.
It is essential that for oolong tea to be a good ally to lose weight, you drink between 2 and 3 infusions a day, spread over the main meals of the day, such as breakfast, lunch and dinner. We advise you to consume it 1 hour before or after meals, but never while you eat food, since the tannin content of blue tea could interfere with the good absorption of iron by the body, considerably limiting it. If, on the other hand, you have trouble sleeping or falling asleep, take it in the morning and in the afternoon at snack time, avoiding the infusion at night.
On the other hand, it is best to take it in a completely natural way, but if you do not like its original flavor too much, you can add a small spoonful of honey or a pinch of stevia, completely ruling out the option of adding sugar to sweeten it
Contraindications of blue tea
In the same way as all infusions, blue tea is contraindicated in certain specific cases since it could be counterproductive for your state of health and, therefore, it is advisable to refrain from consuming it:
- Children, pregnant and lactating women.
- People with hypertension.
- People with irritable bowel syndrome or Crohn’s disease.
- Anemia patients.
- People with anxiety, nervousness or insomnia.
- Osteoporotic patients.
- Patients with kidney diseases.