Lemon tea has many benefits for the body, since both ingredients, tea and lemon, have beneficial properties for health. From here, we will be able to enjoy not only a stimulating drink, but also a drink that will improve our quality of life in many ways. Keep reading this article if you want to know what all the benefits of lemon tea are, you can take advantage of them whenever you want.
Steps to follow
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, lemon tea controls free radicals and prevents aging by purifying toxins from the blood. For this reason, it is a powerful preventive agent for certain diseases, such as cancer, and it is also very beneficial for the skin, favoring its youth and beauty.
- The high content of iron that lemon tea has helps to strengthen the immune system, which reduces the symptoms caused by the flu or cold. If when you feel bad for these ailments, you drink one or two cups of this drink a day, you will see that you begin to feel much better.
- Lemon tea, taken after meals, promotes digestion by facilitating the intestinal tract and helping the absorption of the most beneficial substances for our body, while helping to eliminate toxins and unwanted substances. As it has an alkalizing agent, it reduces heartburn and indigestion symptoms. It also prevents constipation, so having lemon tea after each meal will improve your stomach problems.
- With a lemon tea a day, we will strengthen our respiratory system thanks to the amount of vitamin C that lemon contains, which gives it the anti-inflammatory property that helps fight asthma episodes and other respiratory conditions. In addition to this, it releases phlegm and mucus from the lungs, which will make it easier for our respiratory organ to work better.
- The vitamin C in lemon also helps remove bacteria and impurities from the skin, which is why lemon tea is highly recommended for topical use, for example to combat acne. Especially, it helps to disinfect superficial wounds due to its antiseptic characteristics.
- Its energetic functions are also known for theine, a substance in tea, so the mood will improve. In this way, in situations of stress or anxiety, a daily cup of lemon tea will be one of the most recommended natural solutions. It will make our headache decrease and we will feel stronger.
- Another of the most outstanding properties of lemon tea is its diuretics, which is why it helps eliminate waste, water and excess electrolytes in our body, cleaning it of external agents.8
- It has been shown that the flavonoids in lemon tea help reduce lipids, prevent blood coagulation and reduce inflammation, which is why it helps to improve the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, always supervised and treated by a professional first.
- In addition to all these positive aspects, lemon tea is also beneficial for the liver because it helps increase the production of enzymes, facilitating the functions of this organ that is so important in humans.
- A good remedy to combat gingivitis is to make mouthwashes with this infusion after each brushing, in addition to whitening teeth and fighting bad breath due to its power to clean the oral walls. It is the perfect natural complement for a good oral cleaning, without having to resort to chemical rinses.
- Finally, we will tell you how to prepare lemon tea quickly and easily so that you benefit from all the aspects described in this energy and refreshing drink: you have to put a small spoonful of tea for each cup, then pour boiling water and let it rest. Once cooled, strain the tea and add the juice of a natural lemon to taste. Now, sweeten it with sugar or honey and it will be ready to drink. You can drink it hot or cold, depending on your tastes.