In this post we will talk about bulk infusions , how to prepare them and what advantages do they offer? It is one of the most consumed worldwide for its countless benefits for the body. Oriental and Chinese peoples have incorporated them into their culture for a long time. Let’s learn a little more about them.
How to prepare bulk infusions
Infusions are well known in western areas because they provide many nutrients to the body. When preparing bulk infusions, it is necessary to take into account how to prepare them. It must be done correctly so as not to deteriorate its taste and properties. There are two aspects that you should consider, and they are the following:
- Water. It must be of low mineralization, the purer it is, the better, its flavor will be more delicious. You should heat it using a kettle or a saucepan.
- Temperature. It is one of the most important points that sometimes we downplay. It will depend on the tea that we are going to prepare. For example, if you like green or white tea, you should not let the water boil for so long, because what you will achieve is that the bulk leaves will burn, and it will acquire a bitter and unpleasant taste. Now, if you prefer black tea, it does resist high temperatures for a longer time.
- The resting time is also important because it influences the taste of the tea, if it is a long time the taste will be bitter. Each infusion requires its time. For example, the resting time for green tea can be from 1 to 3 minutes, in the case of rooibos it is 8 to 10 minutes.
The question arises how much should I use? It is recommended to add 2 to 3 grams of bulk infusion in 200 ml of water. This measure is the most appropriate so that the tea does not feel so overloaded, but it will not feel bland either. However, one of the advantages of bulk infusions is that you can adapt it to your liking, if you prefer them strong or with less flavor.
As for the time, it will depend on the type of infusion that you decide to buy For example, black tea requires a time of between 4 to 5 minutes. In the case of green tea between 1 to 2 minutes.
Advantages offered by bulk infusions
Among the advantages of bulk infusions are the following:
- It gives you the opportunity to prepare them to your liking, make them stronger or lighter.
- It allows you to mix them to create a unique flavor.
- You will have more quantity to prepare more times.
- The taste of the bulk infusions is of higher quality and intense, because its herbs are loose and fresh. If they are purchased from a trusted place and stored as they should be, they last longer and their active ingredients remain unaltered.
- The preparation process is like a ritual, you can enjoy its aromas, colors and flavor. You can drink reading a book or doing a little exercises.
- Without additives of any kind. When buy your infusions in bulk in trusted stores, you will make sure they are of quality. We can even ask its origin and the date the plant was produced.