Its flavor is delicious and combines with many preparations, it also has properties that are good for health. It is also an excellent natural remedy that is easy to acquire, in powder or stick form. In this post we will talk about the benefits of cinnamon tea , ingredients and side effects.
Cinnamon is present in many cultures, for example, Sri Lanka is where it comes from, in Greece and Rome it was used for stomach ailments. The Romans used cinnamon in ceremonies for Emperor Nero, even in the Bible they mention it in their books of Exodus and Proverbs. Its name in Italian is canella and means tube.
benefits of cinnamon tea
There are many properties of the cinnamon, an aromatic species whose consumption can help protect the body from many diseases. You can also take advantage of the benefits of cinnamon and clove tea , this last element flavors the preparation much more and provides its properties.
There are studies that say that cinnamon tea helps control insulin levels, being excellent for those who suffer from type II diabetes. The mechanism consists of making blood sugar enter the cells, causing blood glucose to decrease.
Help to lose weight
The thermogenic and metabolic effects that cinnamon has causes a greater energy expenditure, which is why it helps the body to lose weight. Its mechanism consists of activating certain proteins that act on adipose tissue so that the body produces energy. In addition, cinnamon contains fiber and gives the feeling of satiety.
Improves cognitive processes
Another of the benefits of cinnamon is strengthening the capacity of the brain, thanks to its phytochemicals, with which it manages to use glucose. You can also take advantage of the benefits of cinnamon tea with lemon , which with its antioxidants prevent cell damage, thus improving the memory and learning capacity of the person. It even protects against Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Protects from cardiovascular diseases
Cinnamon has two components: cinnamaldehyde and cinnamic acid, they act to benefit the arteries and blood flow. They are cardioprotective and have anti-inflammatory properties that help maintain blood pressure. In addition, its antioxidant action and its strong lipolytic activity reduce LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
Cinnamon has a component called cinnamaldehyde that helps fight bacterial, fungal, and fungal infections in the respiratory tract. You can take advantage of the benefits of cinnamon and cloves tea whose antimicrobial effects protect against cavities and remove bad breath.
Improves sexual ability
Certain studies indicate that cinnamon tea has aphrodisiac properties, this is due to its vasculogenic, vasoactive and antioxidant components. In addition, it is said that when a man consumes cinnamon it can help treat erectile dysfunction and sexual impotence.
Cinnamon Tea Ingredients
Cinnamon tea can be combined with herbs and others that will enhance its properties. Let’s see some of them.
Cinnamon and bay leaf tea
Among the benefits of cinnamon and laurel tea is losing weight, due to its diuretic properties that help eliminate fluid accumulation in the body. To prepare it, it is done with these simple steps:
- Boil a liter of water and add 6 bay leaves and a tablespoon of ground cinnamon. Mix well so that everything integrates and releases its properties.
- Get off the heat and let rest for a few minutes.
- If you prefer to drink it sweet, add honey.
This preparation will help to take advantage of the benefits of cinnamon tea with bay leaves in the body.
Apple Cinnamon Tea
Its preparation is very simple and it is made up of natural ingredients that are good for the health. Among the benefits of cinnamon and apple tea is its antiviral and antiseptic properties to treat respiratory infections. It is prepared as follows:
- Bring a liter of water to a boil over medium heat.
- 4 apples are chopped, each in 4 parts and the seeds are removed. Reserve.
- When it starts to boil, add 2 cinnamon sticks and the apples. Let it boil for 5 more minutes.
- You can sweeten it with honey and it is ready to taste, so you will also get benefits from honey cinnamon tea .
ginger cinnamon tea
This type of drink is due know prepare so that it has a pleasant and mild flavor. Among the benefits of cinnamon ginger tea are that it regulates intestinal function and eliminates gases. To prepare it you must do the following:
- You have to heat 250 ml of water without letting it boil.
- A piece of ginger and a stick of cinnamon are added.
- Leave on fire for 10 minutes.
- Get off the heat and add lemon juice.
- To enjoy!
Cinnamon tea with chamomile
One of the benefits of cinnamon tea with chamomile is its relaxing capacity, it helps to fall asleep and prevents anxiety and nervousness. Its preparation is very simple:
- Bring a cup of water to a boil.
- Add the cinnamon and let it boil for 10 minutes. Come down from the fire.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil.
- Once it boils, add a bag of chamomile. Cover and let rest.
- Mix both infusions.
- Ready! Let’s drink.
benefits of cinnamon tea Side effects
The Cinnamon tea produces the following side effects:
- Possible liver damage from a compound it contains called coumarin.
- Cinnamon is contraindicated for those with diabetes.
- Intolerance to certain compounds in cinnamon.