In this post we will explain what cinnamon tea is , flavor, uses and recipes. Its benefits are not only used in the form of tea, there are other ways to consume it. Among them are that it detoxifies the body, helps in weight loss and reduces blood glucose.
Its strong and pleasant aroma is ideal even to give fragrance to the car, the business, the home and the office. It is considered a natural remedy that is always within reach, because its branch can be bought at any supermarket. Various countries consume it, including: Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia, the United States, etc. It can be combined with coffee and chocolate and it looks great.
Cinnamon Tea Uses
Next, you will know what cinnamon tea is for .
- Maintains digestion. Cinnamon tea prevents gas, protects the stomach wall, is beneficial in case of nausea and dizziness, stimulates gastric juices and reflux.
- Bacterial infections. It acts against bacteria and microorganisms that are harmful to the body and as an antiseptic to preserve food.
- Against respiratory diseases. It is a natural remedy that treats bronchitis, helps to expel mucus and reduce inflammation. Cinnamon and lemon tea is recommended for this .
- Improves blood circulation. If the person has poor circulation in the hands and feet, this infusion will be excellent, and can be mixed with other herbs, such as ginger or cardamom. In addition, it avoids problems associated with poor circulation such as cellulite, dry skin and chilblains.
- Avoid menstrual cramps. Cinnamon tea is used to lower periods, and there are studies that show that it relieves menstrual pain and controls heavy bleeding.
- Regulates cholesterol. The action of cinnamon helps moderately reduce triglyceride and cholesterol levels. In addition, it prevents the hardening of the arteries, avoiding cardiovascular diseases.
- It is suitable for controlling blood glucose, especially in cases of type II diabetes.
- Weightloss. Cinnamon tea helps to lose weight because it burns fat.
- Cinnamon and bay leaf tea is good against stress symptoms, such as headaches, chest pain, heavy breathing, muscle tension, etc.
- On the other hand, in social networks and internet forums there are testimonials about cinnamon and bay leaf tea to get pregnant , it is suggested to drink two cups a day after menstruation.
- Cinnamon tea before bed helps to fall asleep.
Cinnamon tea contraindications
The contraindications of cinnamon tea are as follows.
If excess cinnamon is ingested, it could cause liver damage, which is associated with coumarin. This compound is present in various vegetables and is likely to cause the liver to overwork, modifying its functioning. However, it must be clarified that not all types of cinnamon have the same proportion of this compound, Cassia is the one with the most.
Due to the above, people who have liver problems should consult a specialist about their consumption. Not only liver damage can cause the Cinnamon tea, also the negative reaction to certain medications indicated for liver diseases.
Although there are certain studies that show that cinnamon acts in the regulation of blood sugar, there are others that indicate antiglycemic effects that can be harmful. If you are consuming any medication that achieves this same purpose, it could cause episodes of hypoglycemia.
Allergy to cinnamon
Another contraindication is that it causes an allergy to cinnamon, especially to the cinnamaldehyde compound (which gives it its characteristic aroma and flavor) because it could inflame the tongue and gums.
Recipes with cinnamon tea
There are a number of recipes that can be made with cinnamon tea . Let’s see some of them.
Cinnamon and honey tea
- We put a cup of water in the microwave and heat it up, it can also be in a pot on fire.
- Once a few seconds pass after boiling, we add a tablespoon of honey and a half of ground cinnamon (or a twig).
- We mix well with a spoon so that all its ingredients are integrated. Let it rest for 10 minutes and then drink.
cinnamon and ginger tea
To prepare this type of tea First, the following ingredients are required:
- A branch or ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- A slice of ginger root.
- A glass of water.
To prepare it, do this:
- The water is heated without boiling.
- Add the cinnamon and ginger. If the cinnamon is a stick, let it cook for 10 minutes to release its aroma, the water should be bubbling.
- Turn off the heat and add the sweetener (honey, sugar or any other). If you prefer, you can add a few drops of lemon.
Cinnamon and bay leaf tea
This combination of tea is also good for weight control by drinking it before meals. These are the ingredients:
- A glass of water.
- A bay leaf.
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
Its preparation is simple, boil the water with cinnamon and bay leaf for about 5 minutes. Once it is ready, it is turned off and the sweetener of your choice is added. We must note that laurel can have toxic effects if consumed in excess, so it is recommended to include it in balanced and varied diets.