Its infusion is made with a plant called cassia, which has many benefits, including: it helps cleanse the body, combats constipation, and aids in digestion. It is originally from India and prepared as a tea, even with other herbs with which other benefits are obtained. In this post we will talk about how to make senna tea taste good.
How to make senna tea taste good. What is it for
The most outstanding property of Senna tea is laxative, this is possible thanks to its components such as mucilages, anthraquinoins, flavonoids, among others. Once ingested, it acts directly on the nerve endings of the intestinal muscles, facilitating the expulsion of feces.
In addition to its laxative properties, senna tea serves as:
- Purifying and detoxifying. Cleanses the body of toxins and accumulated waste. It has been used to lose weight and prevent stomach bloating. Its infusion should be taken in adequate doses if you want to lose weight, always accompanied by exercise and a good diet.
- Diuretic. Stimulates the urinary tract, helping to eliminate liquids accumulated in the body and prevents them from accumulating.
How should Senna tea be drunk?
The dose of any infusion It always generates debate, especially in those who are more confident and do not take precautions. In this sense, it is noteworthy that its consumption in excess is not appropriate, because it can produce side effects in the body. The recommended thing is a cup of senna tea a day.
On the other hand, to know how to make senna tea taste good , you have to consider not drinking it for a long time, a maximum of 10 days. In case you want to continue drinking it after 10 days, it should be stopped for a week and then continue without problems.
How to make senna tea taste good. contraindications
If drunk in a controlled manner, senna tea can be harmless. However, it is necessary to take into account certain recommendations before ingesting it. Let’s take a tour of the contraindications you may have.
The first is the effects it could have on pregnant women, drinking the infusion could be a risk of miscarriage. Also, it should be avoided if you are breastfeeding because its effects would cause problems in the baby’s digestive system.
It is necessary to avoid its excessive consumption, because it is known that it produces effects on the liver, intestines and heart. Therefore, its consumption should be occasional and for a short time. Before using it to lose weight, the specialist must determine the causes of obesity.
If it is drunk in excess, it can cause gastrointestinal problems, so it is not recommended for people who have gastric ulcers, colitis or have an intestinal problem. Also, it is known of people who have presented allergies when they have drunk it, manifesting skin inflammation.
Taking certain medications could also generate a certain reaction when drinking the infusion, so it is advisable to consult a doctor.
How to make senna tea taste good.
Here are 5 easy ways to make senna tea taste better.
1. Senna tea for weight loss
To find out how to make senna tea taste good the amount of senna leaves cassia augustifolia it should go into the tips of your fingers (about a teaspoon).
Its ingredients are:
- A tablespoon of honey.
- Senna leaves.
- A cup of water.
It is prepared like this:
- Put the water to boil.
- Add the leaves and let them boil for 4 minutes.
- Get off the heat and let it infuse for 5 minutes.
- Strain and serve, sweeten with honey.
2. Senna tea with coconut milk
If it is to eliminate parasites in adults, proceed as follows:
In a cup of coconut milk add a teaspoon of Senna leaves and let boil for 5 minutes. It is advisable to drink it before going to sleep so that the intestines move during the night and to be able to evacuate the next day.
3. Senna, tamarind and boldo tea
There are many properties that senna, tamarind and boldo have, among them: it favors digestion and cleanses the intestines. The ingredients to prepare an infusion to lose weight are the following:
- 3 tablespoons of boldo.
- Three tablespoons of senna leaves.
- 50 grams of tamarind.
- A liter of water.
It is prepared in this way:
- Put the liter of water on fire.
- Once it boils, add the boldo and the sen.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the tamarind halfway through cooking and leave until it reaches 10 minutes.
- Get off the heat and let cool.
- One cup should be drunk every half hour until the infusion runs out.
4. Infusion of senna with fennel, mallow and marshmallow root
This preparation is suitable to combat constipation.
A tablespoon of the set of herbs is used, which must be in equal amounts per cup of water. It should be left resting overnight and the next morning, strain it and if you prefer, add lemon juice.
It is advisable to drink this infusion from two to three cups a day, for a maximum of ten days.
5. Senna tea with psyllium, plantain, mint, boldo and stevia
To make this infusion, 20 grams of each plant is required. The mixture of all the herbs is taken and added to a cup of water. You have to boil it for 5 minutes. Get off the heat and let it infuse for 10 minutes. Strain and drink.