Those who have made daily consumption of tea have always wondered, when drinking the umpteenth cup, how much black tea can be taken per day , will I be going over the limit? These are questions that we will help you answer in this article, because when there are excesses they can lead to a number of health problems.
After water and coffee, tea is the most consumed beverage worldwide. Its consumption dates back to the year 250 BC, in ancient China. In ancient times it was a drink intended for a few, but nowadays its consumption has increased.
How much black tea can be taken per day. In the morning or at night?
Surely you have asked yourself this question frequently, how much black tea can be taken daily. Any time of day is also not ideal. But everything will depend on which tea we drink during the day and at what time. For example, if what you want is to have energy, black tea is the most appropriate.
It is a good stimulant, provides energy and vitality. In addition, it is ideal to take it when we get up in the morning because it provides many benefits, among them: it reduces cholesterol levels, helps to lose weight, speeds up memory and hydrates your body. And that’s not all, taking it at night burns calories and therefore helps you lose weight. Take black tea is good to do it both in the morning and at night. There are studies that indicate that drinking tea in the morning provides more energy than doing it with coffee.
How many teas can be taken a day?
How do we know how many teas is too much? Are there any of its components that can harm my health? How many daily doses is recommended for each of its components? Let’s see:
- Mineral salts. The contribution of salts and minerals in a cup of tea is almost ridiculous, so it is impossible to exceed its daily dose limits. In the case of sodium, the World Health Organization (WHO) indicates that its consumption should not exceed 2 g/day (100 mg of black tea would have approximately 3 mg of this compound).
- Caffeine. The amount of caffeine that should be consumed is variable, it depends on each person according to their weight ratio, the medicines they take, and even how sensitive they may be to this substance, the speed with which it is metabolized.
- Antioxidants and tannins. Tannins are polyphonic compounds that are present in tea and give it a certain astringency. Depending on the variety, they have more or less tannins, it is the same thing that happens with caffeine. Some research indicates that tannins affect iron absorption, so it should not be consumed by people with iron deficiency anemia. Furthermore, these compounds can be a problem for people who are sensitive to them.
Consuming 3 cups of tea a day is an adequate amount for most people. The norm is not to exceed 400 mg per day, not only from black tea, but from any drink or food that contains caffeine. In such a case that it is consumed in excess, it may present some of these symptoms: headache, anxiety and nervousness, insomnia, feeling of sadness, etc.
What happens in our body when we drink tea every day
Next, we will tell you what happens inside our body when we drink black tea every day and the benefits it has:
- Reduces the risk of suffering from some type of cancer. Tea is full of antioxidants which are linked to lower risk of skin, lung, breast and prostate cancer.
- Reduces the possibility of suffering from type 2 diabetes. According to a study, drinking black tea every day regulates blood sugar after eating, thus reducing the risk of suffering type 2 diabetes.
- Less cavities. A study indicates that tea has an antibacterial effect, eliminating bacteria that occur in the mouth and preventing the appearance of cavities.
- Protects the heart and improves circulation. Drinking 3 cups of tea a day prevents blood vessels from becoming inflamed and prevents plaque from forming in the arteries, this benefits the heart.
- Better attention and concentration. Caffeine and theanine have positive effects on attention and alertness.
- You sleep better. East Asian tea improves sleep and quality of life in those with mild to moderate insomnia.
- Helps in the elimination of fats and weight loss. Some varieties of tea, such as oolong or blue, make the metabolism speed up, so you lose fat and lose weight.
to know how much black tea can be taken daily. You should consider that moderation is always appropriate, because although it is a fascinating drink, excess is harmful to health.