Also called Tarry Lapsang, it is a black tea produced in the Fujian region of China. Its production is done by hand from the Camellia sinensis leaf. The tea is roasted in coals with pine wood giving it that flavor that characterizes it. In this post you will learn what Lapsang souchong tea is .
Its smoky flavor makes it a strong and slightly stimulating drink. It has less caffeine than other black teas, this is due to the fact that they are used in its preparation. sounchong leaves, that is, the ripe ones that come out of the bud and those that contain little caffeine.
In China it is not a very common drink, which is why most of its production is exported. The tea was the one that the famous character Sherlock Holmes drank. According to experts the lapsang souchong It is a drink with a good body and an intense flavor, despite how smoky it is.
There are other varieties of smoked teas that have a stronger flavor, including Xiao Zhen-Shan Zhong, which is of higher quality, produced by hand in the Wuyi region and smoked cold.
What is Lapsang souchong tea used for?
Next, we will know the benefits of Lapsang Souchong Tea ,a drink It contains active components that promote health.
- Regulates digestion. If drunk in moderate amounts, it is capable of regulating the digestive process and, furthermore, it is a great stimulant.
- It prevents illnesses. By containing antioxidants, it prevents free radicals, reducing aging and avoiding degenerative diseases.
- Avoid cardiovascular diseases. By reducing bad cholesterol, it prevents the formation of plaques in the arteries and allows normal blood flow.
- natural energizer. Its caffeine content is ideal for stimulating the nervous system, making it ideal to drink in the morning or before meals.
- By having a mild diuretic effect, it eliminates kidney stones. It also cleanses the liver and breaks down cholesterol accumulated in the blood vessels.
- Prevents the appearance of osteoporosis and strengthens bone and dental tissue.
- Relieves stress, physical and mental fatigue. It provides a state of relaxation that helps to cope with depression.
How to Brew Lapsang Souchong Tea
The buttery aftertaste that this black tea It is what will show its correct preparation. When drunk it will leave a taste of red wine, chocolate, caramel and cinnamon. When the infusion is more concentrated, its flavor is similar to ginger root plum. Its quality is determined by the scarlet or amber color that can be seen when serving.
the english classic
The preparation is carried out in a traditional teapot.
The ingredients are:
- 5 teaspoons of Lapsang Souchong tea leaves.
- A liter of water.
Method of preparation:
- Water is boiled in the kettle and then discarded.
- Add the tea leaves to the teapot.
- Pour boiling water over it and cover.
- Hold like this for about 5 minutes.
- The lid should not be removed to stir, because it will take away its characteristic aroma and its exquisite flavor.
To do so, a glass teapot is used and a special filter is attached to it. It currently consists of a jug with a lid and a built-in filter. Thanks to its shape, the intensity of the infusion is regulated and the tea leaves are strained. The second and third servings are aromatic and thick, with a rich flavor. The first, fourth and fifth have soft and weak flavors.
clean tea leaves
To prepare this smoked tea. it is done regularly. The first portion of water is discarded. It is not yet known what type of water is best suited for washing tea leaves, hot or cold. If it is with the first, its flavor will be mild from the second infusion. In the case of cold water the flavor is stronger and more intense.
Lapsang souchang tea contraindications
Allergic reactions are what most frequently cause Lapsang souchang tea , this is due to its unusual way of preparation. Its smoke contains components that can harm pregnant or lactating women in some way.
The taste of tea is not suitable for children, they will perceive it as ugly. Also, your immune system is not adapted to the consumption of this type of tea. More than doing you good, it will cause you harm.
It is not recommended to try in diets when there are problems of gastritis, high acidity, peptic ulcer or those who present problems in the oral and esophageal cavity. It is also not recommended in people with gallstones and urolithiasis because it can move stones or cause colic. For healthy people it is not recommended that they drink more than 5 cups a day.
The side effects are inclined to dizziness, insomnia, tachycardia, anxiety and diarrhea. If you notice any of these symptoms when drinking a cup or two, you should immediately stop drinking.
Tea making has improved over time, there are now racks that determine the additional processing time of the tea. Before, tea was moved in ship holds, so its density and moisture content increased. However, these days tea is carefully packaged, protecting it from off-flavours.
The crushed tea leaves or usual bags is an economical option to acquire it. In order for its qualities to be maintained, it is necessary that the tea leaves are stored in a linen bag, thus protecting them from light and foreign odors.