Not everything leans towards green juices, there is also health beyond spinach. The pomegranate is one of them, it will bring you many health benefits. Among its innumerable properties are its antioxidants and, in addition, it is a fruit considered an aphrodisiac. In this post you will learn about the benefits of pomegranate tea , ingredients and side effects.
Its scientific name is Punica granatum and thanks to its fiber content and low calories, it is considered a great ally in weight loss. In addition, it contains antioxidants, which means that it will allow you to have fresh and healthy skin, because it reduces the aging process.
It is generally consumed on an empty stomach. Its arils or seeds are part of its pulp and are used in the preparation of juices, salads or yogurt. There are even pomegranate peel tea benefits and pomegranate leaf tea benefits , both used for preparation of the infusion.
Pomegranate Tea Benefits
Among the benefits of pomegranate tea are the following.
Prevents the appearance of certain cancers
Thanks to the presence of antioxidants such as flavonoids and tannins (which are also found in fruit and vegetables), represents one of the benefits of green tea with pomegranate.
helping to prevent the appearance of certain cancers such as prostate, skin, lung and breast.
Prevents degenerative diseases
Among the benefits of pomegranate and raspberry tea is maintaining the normal functions of neurons, thanks to the antioxidants and anti-inflammatories of both fruits. Such compounds prevent memory loss or Alzheimer’s disease.
Protects against cardiovascular problems
Its compounds increase the levels of good cholesterol (HDL), which is a protective element of the heart, thus acting against atherosclerosis and myocardial infarction. In addition, it helps to reduce triglycerides in the blood, which in excess contributes to the appearance of cardiovascular diseases.
Strengthens the immune system
Among the properties and benefits of pomegranate tea is the vitamin C content that, together with its antioxidants, prevents the formation of harmful bacteria in the intestines, increasing the good ones. Thus helping to maintain the intestinal flora, because the body absorbs vitamins and minerals much better.
Avoid health problems such as colds, flu, herpes, diarrhea, etc. It also helps strengthen the immune system in those who suffer from diseases such as: COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), rheumatoid arthritis and intestinal diseases.
Regulates blood pressure
Another of the benefits of pomegranate tea is that it helps prevent high blood pressure, thanks to its antioxidants that relax blood vessels, facilitating blood circulation.
Protects the skin
The seed and the pomegranate shell It contains ellagitannins, catechins and anthocyanins that protect the skin from the sun’s rays, thus preventing skin cancer. In addition, its antioxidants prevent acne and the oily appearance of the skin.
Fights mouth batteries
When you have gingivitis or periodontitis problems make tea with pomegranate peel or flowers and gargling can alleviate them. Its compounds of flavonoids, phenolic acids and tannins help fight bacteria in the mouth.
Pomegranate tea preparations
Here are some pomegranate tea preparations according to certain conditions.
- Against cough and cold. Mix ½ cup of pomegranate juice and ½ cup of ginger infusion. Then, a tablespoon of honey is added. It should be drunk 3 times a day.
- Sore throat. In ½ cup of boiling water add a pomegranate peel. It should be covered and allowed to cool. Gargle several times a day.
- Vaginal infections. In ½ liter of boiling water add two tablespoons of bark and two tablespoons of pomegranate juice. Let it cook for 5 minutes. We turn off and let cool. Add a tablespoon of baking soda. The ingredients are mixed well and with the help of a vaginal shower, the intimate area is washed. Do it 2 to 3 times a week.
- Expel intestinal parasites. In a baking tray we will place 9 grains of pomegranate seeds. You have to bake them at low temperature for 7 hours. After the time, they are crushed until they are powder. Next, we add a teaspoon of this powder into 175 ml of unsweetened pineapple juice. Drink 3 times a day.
- To lose weight. The preparation consists of adding to ½ cup of boiling water: pomegranate seeds and a tablespoon of cinnamon powder. Drink it 3 times a week.
- To combat gingivitis. In 2 cups of boiling water add a tablespoon of pomegranate peel. Cover for 10 minutes and let cool. You should gargle with it 2 times a day.
benefits of pomegranate tea Side effects
There are some concerns that pomegranate tea may interfere with some medications. This could cause them to reduce or lose their effects, it could even make them worse.
- Liver. There are certain medicines that alter the functions of the liver and pomegranate slows this process down. In this sense, the consumption of pomegranate tea may cause side effects of the medication.
- Blood pressure. One of the properties of pomegranate tea is that it reduces blood pressure, but if drugs that regulate it are consumed at the same time, their effects will be contrary. It can cause your blood pressure to drop too low.
- Renal insufficiency. Consuming excess pomegranate tea can increase the risk of rhabdomyolysis, a disease that deteriorates the muscles. If you are taking rosuvastatin, it could cause kidney failure.