Also known as oolong, blue tea is one of the most consumed alternatives today, especially for its properties to promote weight loss. This variety of the green tea plant, which has a medium oxidation, offers excellent benefits for our health when consumed regularly, that is, if we consume between 2 and 3 cups a day. Surely if you have come this far it is because you have already heard that it is a wonderful drink, but do you know what the benefits of blue tea are ? We explain them in detail.
Steps to follow
- Although oolong tea has many benefits that we will explain in the following steps, it is important to keep in mind that due to its caffeine content, this type of drink should not be ingested by everyone. Although it is true that its occasional consumption does not have side effects, taking it frequently is not suitable for people with certain conditions.
- Like green tea, blue tea is a wonderful antioxidant that helps fight cell aging and also the formation of free radicals that can lead to diseases such as cancer. Consuming oolong tea regularly will help you keep your skin and cells in good condition, delaying aging and maintaining your health.
- Due to its caffeine content, one of the most outstanding benefits of blue tea is its ability to help us speed up our metabolism, thus favoring the consumption of fat and helping us improve our figure. Of course, this benefit cannot be achieved without the help of a healthy diet and frequent physical exercise, since this drink, although it can promote a faster metabolism, can do little in the case of people who eat fat and unhealthy foods in excess and who They are also sedentary. In addition, to obtain this benefit over fat consumption, it is important to drink 3 cups of this drink a day.
- Frequent consumption of blue tea favors a better metabolism of fats in our liver, which is why it helps to reduce cholesterol naturally, preventing it from increasing and causing health problems. Due to this effect, it can also be said that if we drink blue tea frequently, we will have a much healthier heart, since having low cholesterol means we are less likely to suffer from various heart conditions.
- Another of the benefits of blue tea is its effect helping to combat fatty liver, because as explained in the previous step, this drink favors liver metabolism, being a great ally for those who want to treat fatty liver naturally.
- It is also an excellent option to provide energy to our body and improve our attention span and concentration, so its frequent intake will allow us to stay much more active.
- But how to drink blue tea ? To do so, we recommend following these instructions:
- Drink between 2 and 3 cups a day preferably without adding sugar or any other sweetener, drinking it naturally is the best option.
- It is recommended to drink each cup of oolong tea one hour before or one hour after meals. It is not convenient to do it right after eating because, due to its tannin content, it can interfere with the absorption of iron from food.
- Prepare the drink by adding green tea leaves to a cup of freshly boiled water and steeping for 3 minutes. After this time strain and drink.