Green tea is one of the best known infusions, being consumed in Eastern culture for centuries. Its benefits have also reached the West, so more and more people consume it on a daily basis. To receive all the benefits of this infusion, it is recommended to drink between 2 and 3 cups a day, but what is green tea for? How can it benefit our health? In this article we explain it in detail.
To slow down cellular aging
If you are wondering what green tea is for, you should know that its best-known property is that it helps us slow down cellular aging, thus preventing premature aging. In Eastern culture, green tea is an ally for youth, this is due to its high content of antioxidants that help fight free radicals responsible for cell aging.
It is an excellent drink to ensure a healthier and more luscious skin.
To keep us awake
Green tea contains theine, a stimulant similar to caffeine that helps us improve our alertness and concentration, helping us stay awake and attentive. It is a good substitute for coffee that also helps us maintain productivity throughout the day.
Green tea to prevent cancer
One of the best known benefits of green tea is its ability to help prevent the formation of free radicals, responsible not only for the aging of our cells but also for the appearance of diseases such as cancer. All this is due to the high presence of antioxidants in this drink, however, to obtain this benefit, 3 cups a day must be consumed on a regular basis, making its intake a habit.
To prevent fluid retention
Green tea is an excellent diuretic, favoring the elimination of liquid by increasing the number of daily urinations. This helps fight inflammation and favorably prevent fluid retention , which can translate into a flatter, healthier abdomen.
Green tea to help us lose weight
One of the most popular properties of green tea is its ability to help us lose weight. In reality, what happens is that this drink, when ingested frequently consuming 3 cups a day, has diuretic and depurative properties , helping to reduce triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood as it facilitates the elimination of fat from the liver. In addition, due to the theine, it helps speed up metabolism, which makes us process the food we eat much better.
However, it is not a miraculous alternative, and to lose weight with green tea you must improve your diet and exercise frequently, otherwise the changes in your figure will not be easily noticeable.
To improve the appearance of the skin
Externally, green tea serves to improve the appearance of the skin in different aspects:
- Helps combat the formation of dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- It favors the treatment of mild acne and the elimination of pimples, as green tea has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Applying natural green tea compresses will help improve the appearance of your skin if you suffer from these conditions.
- It also helps treat problems such as eczema and psoriasis by acting as a natural anti-inflammatory.
Contraindications of green tea
Despite the fact that green tea serves to improve our health in various aspects, it is essential to be clear that this drink cannot be ingested by just anyone as it has various contraindications. That is why it is not recommended to take it in these cases:
- Pregnancy or lactation, as it is a powerful stimulant.
- In cases of gastric ulcers, irritable colon, colitis or intestinal diseases.
- If you suffer from heart problems.
- In case of insomnia, nervousness or anxiety.
- If consumed close to meals or excessively, it can hinder the absorption of iron and calcium, so it is not recommended for people with anemia or osteoporosis.