Surely you have ever wondered what happens if I drink matcha tea every day. This drink has become very popular over the years. Its properties have made it a very interesting drink that is supported by certain investigations. It is also ideal to offer in your hotel, cafeteria or restaurant business, so buys bulk matcha tea and delight your customers with this product that in addition to being super healthy is very famous.
It is very different from other types of drinks because it does not go through fermentation in its production process, so it fully preserves its properties (polyphenols and antioxidants). Consume matcha tea It is associated with well-being and prevention of certain diseases. Let’s learn more about this wonderful drink.
What happens if I drink matcha every day?
The matcha is a very healthy drink (within limits of course), drinking matcha tea every day can lead to the following:
- Health to your skin. Matcha tea contains an amount of antioxidants that exceeds that of any type of green tea (137 times more!), which protect your skin from the sun’s radiation. Also, it rids the body of free radicals, increases blood circulation, making your skin naturally glowing and your cheeks rosy.
- It relaxes the body, but it keeps you alert, because it is rich in L-theanine (an amino acid that relaxes and creates well-being in the brain). When you are stressed, beta waves are produced (which make you feel agitated), on the other hand, L-theanine produces alpha waves that will make you feel relaxed, but alert.
- Ability to remember. In addition to providing a state of relaxation, L-theanine aids in memory, it will help you learn without suffering the negative effects of caffeine. In this sense, there are studies that show that taking L-theanine makes it less susceptible to distraction with things that prevent you from doing your tasks.
- Burn fat. The chemical compounds of matcha practically create a gym within our body. It will help you burn calories while doing other activities. If you combine it with exercise and a good diet, it will facilitate weight loss.
- Reduces the aging process. There is an area in Japan called Okinawa, known where people live for a long time. Scientists and nutritionists associate this long life with the daily consumption of matcha tea.
- Fight anxiety and depression. This is due to polyphenols that help you feel good from the inside out.
- It is also important to learn about the expiration of this tea.
Who can’t drink matcha tea?
usually drink matcha tea every day is recommended for all people, because it has a series of benefits for the body: delays aging, reduces stress, helps to lose weight and minimizes cholesterol. Despite its great benefits, for certain people it is contraindicated, because there are factors that can generate negative effects on the body.
Among the drawbacks that matcha tea has is its high caffeine content, although it is less than coffee. A cup of matcha tea can contain about 30mg of caffeine. Some of the reasons why you should reduce or eliminate drinking matcha tea every day are the following:
- If you suffer from heart disease, kidney disease or stomach ulcer.
- If you are under treatment to control your blood pressure. Because it contains caffeine, it can interfere with the effects of the medication.
- In addition, caffeine has some micronutrients that minimize the absorption of iron. In fact, experts recommend that those with high iron levels consume caffeine so that those levels of micronutrients are reduced.
- People who suffer from reflux, because if you have heartburn, surely drinking matcha tea will aggravate the problem.
- Matcha tea can increase pressure in the eye, so be aware of the risks if you have glaucoma. Matcha tea increases eye pressure within 30 minutes of ingesting it.
- If you take ephedrine (a medication that improves breathing ability), drinking it along with matcha tea can cause tremors, insomnia, or nervousness, because both are stimulants.
- Other medicines that we should not mix with matcha tea are clozapine and lithium, because their effectiveness may not be the same.
What side effects does matcha tea have?
Despite the great benefits of drinking matcha tea every day, drinking it like this can cause some side effects:
- Produce anemia. The matcha tea can make iron absorption difficult, this is due to its high antioxidant content. Therefore, if you suffer from anemia, consuming matcha tea could worsen your condition.
- Suffer from insomnia. Due to its high caffeine content, it is recommended not to consume more than 5 grams a day.
- Hypertension. There are certain studies that say that the consumption of this green tea can cause an elevation in blood pressure.
- liver problems There are people who have had liver problems when they have drunk excessively matcha tea.
- Tea consumption overdose. When consumed excessively matcha tea can cause an overdose. Among the symptoms that may present are: stomach pain, nausea, anxiety, constipation, arrhythmia, headache, heartburn and even pressure in the eyes.
- Risk of hypertension and increased gestational age. Because of the caffeine present in matcha tea, it can increase the gestational age in pregnancy and the risk of suffering from hypertension.
Recommended for consume matcha tea, is to do it at breakfast or in the middle of the day, so it is used to maintain the energy product of theine. If you drink it at night, like coffee, you will surely not be able to fall asleep.
How to prepare matcha tea to lose weight?
The classic way to drink matcha tea every day to lose weight is to do it in the form of tea, as they do in Japan, there are other ways to do it so that it tastes much better. In this sense, as it has become so popular, its versatility has increased.
To prepare it, it is done in the traditional way, in a cup of water, just before boiling, you must add a spoonful of matcha tea (1 gr). Then, you should stir the mixture using a bamboo or chasen whisk for about 40 seconds. And ready! Now you can drink it and enjoy its properties and benefits.