It is a drink that is characterized by its particular flavor and aroma. Its plant grows spontaneously in Mediterranean lands and has culinary contributions. When drunk in the form of an infusion, it is beneficial for health, thanks to its innumerable properties. Here you will find out what rosemary tea is , flavor, uses and recipes.
this infusion can be easily prepared at home, however, you have to be careful when consuming it because it can have side effects with certain medications. It is best to consult with the doctor if you decide to drink it frequently.
Rosemary tea benefits
These are some of the rosemary tea benefits .
- Improves digestion. For greater effectiveness it is recommended to drink the rosemary tea after lunch or dinner. Fights heartburn, bloating, excess gas, lack of appetite and decreases the feeling of fullness.
- Effective against infections. Its antibiotic action is effective against bacteria that cause urinary tract infection, diarrhea and vomiting. However, the intake of medications to eliminate them should not be ruled out.
- Good diuretic. It is excellent for losing weight, eliminating fluid retention and toxins. This is thanks to its diuretic properties.
- It produces tranquility and concentration. Rosemary is excellent for the proper functioning of the brain. Provides calm and tranquility before activities that require mental effort. It helps to minimize the risks of Alzheimer’s, because it activates memory.
- Cleanses the liver. Rosemary and lemon tea for the liver is excellent for its proper functioning, it reduces headaches after a heavy meal with a high fat content. In addition, rosemary tea on an empty stomach is a natural remedy that treats diseases related to this organ and helps regulate its processes.
- Control diabetes. The action of rosemary reduces glucose levels and raises insulin. Besides, it is important to know rosemary and clove tea what it is for , because it helps to understand how effective it is for colds, flu and bronchitis cough.
- It stimulates hair growth. Perhaps it is one of its most demanded properties. There are many rosemary-based products on the market that are effective for hair growth.
Rosemary Tea Recipes
With rosemary you can prepare countless recipes. Serves as a seasoning on meats and other foods. However, it can be drunk in the form of rosemary tea and thus take advantage of its properties.
rosemary and ginger tea
This healthy preparation of rosemary and ginger tea has medicinal properties highly appreciated, among them: digestive, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and analgesic. For its preparation these ingredients are required:
- A teaspoon of dried rosemary leaves.
- Two small ginger roots (the recommended size is the size of a hazelnut).
- Lemon, anise, mint and honey.
Steps to prepare it:
- Peel and cut the ginger into pieces. It can also be grated and the extracted juice added to the water.
- Heat the water, before it boils add the ginger and rosemary.
- Turn off and cover to infuse for about 5 minutes before consuming it.
- Strain and serve.
rosemary tea with lemon
Lemon is a citrus that contains a lot of vitamin C and is a great ally in weight loss, because it is diuretic. Rosemary tea with lemon is a drink that leaves a rich flavor on the palate and is very easy to prepare.
- Three medium lemons.
- Two sprigs of rosemary.
- ¾ of water.
- Ice cubes.
- honey to taste
Method of preparation:
- Prior to preparation, the rosemary and lemon must be washed.
- Cut the lemon into slices.
- Mount a pot with the water over medium heat.
- When it starts to boil add the lemons and rosemary.
- Turn off the heat and let it infuse for 15 minutes.
- When the tea is at room temperature, pour the mixture into the pitcher.
- If you prefer, you can strain it.
- Sweeten with honey and add ice.
rosemary and cinnamon tea
This drink can be used against hair loss, but, in addition, rosemary and cinnamon tea is used to lose weight because it contains a number of properties that make it possible, for example: it activates the metabolism, guarantees good digestion and fights anxiety, taking into account that when there are emotional imbalances, sugars and unhealthy foods are eaten.
- A tablespoon of rosemary.
- A cup of water.
It is prepared like this:
- Put the pot with water on the fire.
- When it is about to boil, add the rosemary and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain the preparation.
- Sweeten with honey if you prefer.
There are other preparations that are made with rosemary, for example, there is rosemary and chamomile tea that adds the properties of chamomile (anti-stress effect, muscle relaxant, combats anxiety, etc.) and rosemary.
It is also important to know rosemary tea with basil and what it is for . For example, it is an excellent natural diuretic, eliminates toxins from the body, relieves headaches, promotes hair growth, and has antioxidant properties.
Rosemary tea contraindications
You already know the benefits of this drink and you already know how to prepare it in its various versions. However, rosemary tea and its contraindications must be considered before preparing it and making it a frequent drink.
- It could cause gastroenteritis and abdominal spasms.
- It is not recommended if you have gallstones.
- It is not advised to consume it during pregnancy, at least in the first trimester.
- Neither during lactation or in children under 6 years of age.