It is one of the most consumed teas worldwide, it comes from the Chinese province of Yunnan. For years it was a drink exclusively for the nobility, but today it has become popular thanks to its history, flavor, aroma, and nutritional value. In this post you will know what is the Te Pu Erh and why it is one of the most consumed drinks in the world.
What is Pu Erh tea?
Its name is due to the city where its leaves are processed, in Pu Erh. These come from trees found near the Lancang River that runs through several areas. Thanks to their diverse climates and soils, tea leaves present nuances that differentiate them. The commercialization of Te Pu Erh are made in two formats: single sheets or compressed sheets.
- Loose-leaf ones. To make them, leaves from different sources are mixed and fermented. Its demand is preferably from the restaurant sector, as well as collectors and prominent tea drinkers.
- Those of compressed leaves. Its fermentation is slower and the main difference with respect to the previous one is its presentation. However, when the leaves are compressed they cause a Te Pu Erh of various names: Brick tea, Bowl tea, Mushroom tea, Disc tea, etc.
Benefits of Pu Erh Tea
It is also known as red Pu Erh tea, which due to its high levels of polyphenols make it a powerful antioxidant. In this sense, the properties of Pu Erh tea acts as an efficient fat burner, reduces stress and, through the action of its cellular repair compounds, also reduces the consumption of heavy metals.
The theanine and the flavonoids it contains make it a Pu Erh tea with important benefits, for example, it contributes to good digestion after meals, because it acts like a sponge and accelerates fat burning. In addition, it is a caffeinated Pu Erh tea that stimulates the central nervous system, protects the heart and muscles.
Other of its benefits are:
- Lowers cholesterol. Pu Erh tea contains small amounts of a substance called lovastatin, which is produced, according to some scientists, by the fermentation process. In addition, it decreases certain fats in the blood, the so-called triglycerides.
- It helps you lose weight. Pu Erh tea for weight loss is excellent, because it eliminates liquids and toxins and fights bad fat in the body.
- It’s diuretic. It is a great ally to eliminate liquid and also helps in its retention.
- Pu Erh tea is used to prevent diseases, due to its high capacity to eliminate free radicals from our system.
Because it is a Pu Erh tea, it is recommended to consume 2 to 3 cups a day, although it will also depend on the age and health of the person who consumes it.
Why is it the most consumed in the world?
Tea is considered the second most consumed drink in the world, after water, for its healing properties. Also, it is widely used in various gastronomic recipes and is purchased in various varieties such as Pu Erh Chai Tea Because it is rich in antioxidants, it helps reduce blood sugar levels, stress, and speeds up metabolism.
The red pu erh tea is an unusual tea and is produced in China, being the largest producer of this type of tea. Per cent of years it was a drink consumed only and exclusively by the nobility. It is consumed fresh after being harvested and the fermentation process of Camellia Sinensis lasts between 2 and 60 years. Within its processing includes fermentation and prolonged storage, applying high humidity.