Sencha tea can be drunk hot or cold and is the most popular tea in Japan, it is whole-leaf and its flavor and color is fresh. It has a number of health benefits, thanks to its high catechin content. In this post you will learn how to make Sencha tea taste good .
In the elaboration of Sencha tea, heat is applied with steam, which is why it preserves its properties. Its leaves are rolled in the shape of a needle, when preparing the tea they open up, giving off their flavor and properties. Its color is green and it has a refreshing and herbaceous flavor.
How to make Sencha tea taste good. Benefits
Before knowing how to make sencha tea taste good, let’s know what its benefits are.
High antioxidant content
The antioxidants of Sencha tea are provided by catechins, chlorophyll and polyphenols. How do these antioxidants benefit the body? Lowers blood cholesterol, thus favoring the circulatory system.
On the other hand, it protects the body’s cells by reducing free radicals, becoming a drink that prevents cancer. Also, it protects blood capillaries and visual health.
it is food
Being a nutritional drink it can be consumed daily. It can be drunk in the morning instead of coffee or at snack time.
It is a natural stimulant
One of the outstanding properties of Sencha tea is its caffeine content, although it is less than that found in coffee. This gives a great contribution of stimulation to the nervous system, activating the state of vigilance, especially in the morning.
Help to lose weight
Another benefit associated with the sencha infusion is that it helps to eliminate fat from the body, which is why it is recommended to lose weight. In this sense, it is recommended to drink two cups a day, one in the morning and another at noon.
What uses does Sencha tea have?
Its main use is medicinal, it is used to improve the renal system and prevents fluid retention in the body. This makes it a natural stimulant that contributes to fat burning. However, there are botanical studies that indicate its neuroprotective use, thanks to its antioxidant and oxygenating capacity for the nervous system.
For those who have circulation problems or want to strengthen the nervous system, they should drink at least one cup of Sencha tea a day.
Sencha tea contraindications
To know how to make sencha tea taste good, it is important to know its contraindications, which have to do with excessive consumption. For example, it can cause insomnia and speed up the oxidation process of cells, instead of preventing it. It is not recommended to drink it at night or shortly before going to sleep.
How to make Sencha tea taste good
There are various ways to prepare this type of infusion, also including it in other preparations. Next, we will tell you how to make sencha tea taste good.
1. Traditional Sencha tea
The first of the drinks is to prepare it in a traditional way. Here the recipe.
- In general, 1 gram of sencha tea is used for every 50 ml, although it will depend on each person’s taste.
- Heat water to a temperature of 70ºC.
- Add the tea leaves and turn off the heat.
- Let it infuse for a minute. If it is left for a longer time, the infusion acquires a bitter taste.
Its refreshing and herbaceous flavor makes it an excellent drink that you can accompany with food, such as vegetables, fish, cheeses, and more.
2. Sencha tea with lemon and ginger
This recipe is very healthy, the flavor of ginger and lemon citrus give it its refreshing characteristic. Before making the infusion, prepare a simple syrup to sweeten it.
- A spoonful of Sencha tea.
- A cup of hot water.
- Two teaspoons of boiling water.
mode of preparation:
- Add the tea to the water and leave for 3 minutes.
- Strain and add the tablespoons of syrup.
- You can serve it hot or cold.
3. Fruit Flavored Sencha Tea Smoothie
This preparation has a good texture and is conducive to drinking every morning.
- Sencha tea prepared in advance.
- ½ cup of natural yogurt.
- Half banana.
- ½ sliced peach.
- Half a cup of blueberries or strawberries.
Method of preparation:
- A day before prepare Sencha tea. Make it stronger than normal.
- Next, mix all the ingredients in the blender.
- Garnish with berries.
- Drink this rich drink.
4. Sencha tea with mint and thyme
This recipe is quick and easy to make and will keep you hydrated and cool on a hot day.
- A liter of water.
- 4 tablespoons of Sencha tea.
- A lemon.
- dry thyme
- 3 tablespoons of honey.
Method of preparation:
- Add the Sencha and thyme to hot water at 80ºC.
- Let infuse for 3 minutes.
- Strain and sweeten with honey.
- Once it is cold, add ice and some mint leaves.
5. Pasta with Sencha tea
Another way to know how to make sencha tea taste good is with this recipe.
- Three tablespoons of Sencha tea.
- 200 grams of flour for frying.
- Three medium eggs.
- 60 grams of wheat flour.
- Mix the eggs, flour and Sencha.
- Pass the dough made by the machine, until it is very fine.
- Cut to taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes and season.