There are many uses for chamomile tea. In ancient Egypt it was used to treat malaria, in Rome against urinary tract infections and in Europe, during the Middle Ages, as a diuretic remedy. In addition, it has lots of beneficial properties for the body. Is chamomile tea acidic? Or is chamomile tea alkaline?
Chamomile is also used to treat respiratory diseases, such as: bronchitis, asthma and sinusitis. Also, when used together with medications, it can be a great relief for joint pain and liver disease. Thus, we are in the presence of a natural solution to combat many ills.
What happens if I drink chamomile tea every day?
Surely during the rainy days you have tried countless infusions to improve your mood. However, among the options that exist, chamomile tea is always included, for its countless benefits. We share with you the reasons to drink chamomile tea every day:
- There are studies that indicate that chamomile flowers have anti-inflammatory properties, thanks to their volatile oils such as alpha-bisabolol and flavonoids.
- Protects against cancer. Consuming chamomile tea daily has been shown to significantly reduce cell viability to develop various types of human cancers.
- Relieves cold symptoms. There is scientific evidence that chamomile extract sprays relieve the symptoms of the common cold. Also, when you drink it, it provides heat and helps the respiratory system.
- Calm anxiety. A study carried out on animals by the University of Mariland Medical Center (UMMC) determined that low doses of chamomile relieve anxiety and higher amounts help to fall asleep.
- Fight digestive problems. Traditionally, chamomile has been used to combat stomach problems, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, and gas. In addition, it relaxes the muscular contractions of the intestines.
- It’s relaxing. Chamomile tea helps relax blood vessels, as well as smooth muscle fibers, through the action of apigenin, bisabolol, and luteolin.
- Helps in symptoms of diabetes. Drinking chamomile tea every day prevents complications due to diabetes.
- Period pains. Treat conditions caused by menstruation such as colic or labor pains.
How to drink chamomile tea to sleep?
Chamomile is considered one of the best natural remedies there is to cause drowsiness, this is due to its chemical structure. Chamomile contains apigenin, a chemical compound that helps you fall asleep, due to the binding of GABA receptors in the brain. These GABA receptors are those that bind to the benzodiazepines normally used as drugs to combat anxiety. It happens in the same way with chamomile, when GABA receptors bind to the apegenin of chamomile, its immediate effect is relaxation.
To reap the benefits of chamomile tea and sleep well there is a trick for it, which consists of taking a bath before going to bed. Home remedy scholars say that to combat insomnia you have to prepare an infusion of chamomile in a large container, and add it to the bath water, you will get a calming effect.
Of course, the sleep-inducing effects of chamomile don’t come immediately, like sleeping pills do. However, chamomile has no side effects or contraindications. The effects against insomnia are better when chamomile is frequently incorporated into our sleep hygiene.
Chamomile tea is an excellent drink to drink before going to bed. In addition to the benefits already mentioned, it is also known to induce relaxation. With chamomile tea you can combat insomnia naturally, it is as effective as mint, tilia flowers and lemon grass.
And we can even give chamomile to babies to help them improve their digestion and sleep well.
What are the benefits of drinking chamomile tea with honey?
We already know the various properties that chamomile tea has and the benefits it provides to the body, such as: digestive and nervous system problems. Also, honey is excellent for sore throats. But by combining them, the drink enhances its positive effects, because it helps to lose weight, something that not many people know about.
The chamomile tea with honey bee relieves the common cold and protects the immune system. It also prevents gas formation and decreases stomach problems. If you consume it on an empty stomach in the morning and before going to sleep, it helps to lose weight due to the action of its digestive properties that reduce inflammation in the stomach and helps improve digestion.
Other benefits of chamomile tea with honey can be highlighted: it eliminates fluid retention in the body. In addition, we must emphasize the need to stay as natural as possible, which means not sweeten it with something else, or add other types of ingredients.
To drink a cup of chamomile tea, prepare a cup and add a tablespoon of natural honey. You can also find this type of infusion already prepared in any supermarket or health food store.
What happens if I drink chamomile tea every night?
Chamomile tea is consumed by those who wish to have a state of relaxation or a sense of tranquility. It is one of the favorite drinks to promote night rest when you want to relax, have a calm mind, a restful sleep and without interruptions.
Certain studies determine that both the infusion and the chamomile oil have aromas that stimulate relaxation and rest. However, beyond the effects generated by the aroma of this natural flower, drinking a cup of chamomile tea every night has detoxifying effects on the body, especially the liver.
On the other hand, this drink relieves menstrual cramps and if you drink it daily it completely suppresses them. This statement is based on research carried out in 2010. Also the chamomile tea at night it controls anxiety, anguish and certain brain disorders.