5 Easy Ways To Make Genmaicha Tea Taste Better
In ancient times, this tea was consumed only by humble families in Japan, which is why it was called the tea of the poor. Green tea being very expensive, they mixed it with toasted rice to make it yield. In this post you will learn how to make Genmaicha tea taste good .
Currently the genmaicha tea It has gained value and is already served in prestigious restaurants, because it is excellent to drink after meals, due to its low theine content and helps good digestion.
How to make Genmaicha tea taste good.
Genmaicha tea is a japanese teaconsisting of Green Tea and toasted rice. We know that Japanese teas are intense, sweet and vegetal in taste, unlike Chinese ones. Pure teas are made from the Camellia sinensis plant, from which its leaves are used. The genmaicha It can be prepared with other cereals such as: wheat, corn, etc., the most common being rice. But it is not that raw rice should be added to the tea and that’s it, the rice must be previously toasted.
Recipes make Genmaicha tea taste good
Let’s find out how to make Genmaicha tea taste good, for this we will give you 5 ways to do it.
1. Traditional genmaicha tea
Once you buy the genmaicha tea in bulk you must do the following:
- Heat water to 80º C, it should not boil because the flavor becomes bitter, while very cold water does not bring out its flavors and aromas.
- For each cup of water, 3 grams of genmaicha tea (One teaspoon) should be infused.
- Let infuse for about 4 minutes. Consider that the longer it is left, the more concentrated it becomes.
- Enjoy drinking it.
2. Cold genmaicha tea
Preparing it this way is a slow process.
How to do it?
- Add two teaspoons of genmaicha tea to a teapot with half a liter of water.
- You will put the kettle in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- No need to add ice.
- To prepare this recipe you can choose any of its varieties: genmaicha matcha-iri or genmaicha matcha-iri.
- Keep in mind that with the cold it usually loses some flavor, so it is good to prepare it with little water.
3. Empanadas with genmaicha
Another way to know how to make Genmaicha tea taste good is by preparing these delicious empanadas.
- Puff pastry sheet.
- 200 grams of meat.
- A small onion.
- 2 shitake mushrooms.
- Two tablespoons of flour.
- 220 ml of water.
- 3 grams of genmaicha tea.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How to prepare them?
- In a hot frying pan with oil, add the chopped onion.
- Chop the mushrooms into small pieces.
- When the onion clears, add the mushrooms.
- Add the meat and stir with a spoon, until done.
- Prepare the tea.
- Sprinkle the flour over the meat, mushrooms, and onion.
- Gradually pour over the infusion of genmaicha tea.
- Add salt and pepper.
- The dough should be light.
- Roll out the puff pastry and serve in one half and then close.
- Bake at about 200º for 15 minutes.
4. Rice with shiitake mushrooms and genmaicha tea
- 2 tablespoons of genmaicha tea.
- 35 grams of dehydrated shiitake mushrooms.
- 700 ml of water.
- Two tablespoons of sesame oil.
- A garlic clove.
- ½ of rice.
- ½ cup of red rice.
- Salt and pepper.
How to prepare it:
- Prepare the genmaicha infusion.
- In a bowl, add the infusion and the mushrooms, let them soak for an hour.
- Separately, peel and chop the garlic and ginger.
- Remove the mushrooms from the tea and reserve.
- Set aside 600 ml of water.
- In a deep skillet heat the sesame oil. When it is very hot, add the garlic and chopped ginger. They skip.
- Add the rice and stir well.
- Add the tea and mushrooms.
- Cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add salt and pepper.
5. Genmaicha tea with mint
The preparation is so easy.
- Boil a liter of water.
- Get off the fire.
- Add a teaspoon of genmaicha tea.
- Let infuse for 3 minutes.
- Add a few mint leaves to a teapot and add the preparation.
- Sweeten with honey if you prefer.
- drink and enjoy this drink
|Genmaicha Tea or Popcorn Tea: properties, benefits, uses, side effects||Genmaicha Tea: recipes, side effects|