Russia was one of the countries that took the longest to adopt tea as a daily drink. It was at the beginning of the 17th century when small quantities began to be imported from China, by then tea was only for the aristocracy. Already in the 19th century, tea trade with China was greater and it was distributed to the entire population. Here you will know the benefits of spiced tea , ingredients and side effects.
Over time they realized that tea had medicinal properties, was a drink that was prescribed to relieve stomach pain. However, its energy contribution to fight fatigue and regain vitality was also recognized.
In ancient times, tea was prepared with a utensil called a samovar, which served to keep the water hot, although today it only serves as a decorative element. The Russians drank the tea to pass the time and in meetings they drank more than eight cups.
benefits of spiced tea
Russian tea has the same properties that any tea possesses, adding the characteristics of the species it contains. Next, you will know the main benefits of spiced tea .
- Stimulates the nervous system. The spices that make up the tea and the combination of its aroma is an excellent brain tonic. It is excellent to drink it in the morning or after eating, but never before going to sleep.
- Protect the heart. The amount of antioxidants it contains (flavonoids and catechins) combined with other herbs help the proper functioning of the cardiovascular system, inhibit aging, improve blood circulation and prevent certain ailments.
- Improves digestion. Cardamom, pepper and cinnamon improve the digestive system and speed up metabolism, contributing to weight loss.
- Fight bad breath. The terpene present in the species and also found in citrus fruits, kills the bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Provides vitality. Thanks to its caffeine content and stimulant herbal compounds, it makes the drink an excellent start to a workday, thanks to the energy boost it gives.
- Anti-inflammatory and analgesic. Among the benefits of spiced tea are its anti-inflammatory effects, which are given by its powerful antioxidants. In the case of ginger added to it, it has effective properties against the flu, sore throat and asthma.
benefits of spiced tea preparations
You already know the benefits of spiced tea , now let’s see how to prepare this delicious drink.
Russian tea I
Being hot and very aromatic, this drink is perfect for parties. The aroma of cloves and cinnamon give it a special flavor.
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Half a tablespoon of ground ginger.
- ½ tablespoon of allspice.
- ½ teaspoon of ground cloves.
- Orange juice.
- Lemon juice.
- honey to taste
Method of preparation:
- Boil two cups of water.
- Then remove from the heat and add the cinnamon, ground cloves, pepper and ginger.
- Let infuse for 10 minutes.
- In a cup of water dissolve a cup of sugar and mix well with the spices.
- Mix the orange and lemon juices in 5 cups of water.
- Heat and serve. Add orange zest on top.
Russian tea II
To prepare the second version of this spicy tea, the following ingredients are required:
- Two tablespoons of Darjeeling tea.
- Three cups of sugar.
- A cup of lemon juice.
- Two sprigs of mint.
- Two spoons of sugar.
Method of preparation:
- Pour boiling water over the tea and let it infuse for 3 hours.
- Boil the sugar the cup of water (syrup) for 10 minutes.
- Add the mint branches and let it cook for 2 hours.
- Then strain the tea and mix the syrup and lemon juice.
- Serve in long glasses filled with ice cubes.
- To garnish, place lemon slices and some mint leaves.
Russian tea cookies
the cookies of russian chai tea they are a real delicacy, they are easy to make and they usually appear at church banquets.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour.
- A cup of whole wheat flour.
- Two sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- A cup of nuts.
- ½ cup of sugar.
- A spoonful of vanilla.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
It is prepared with the following steps:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla. The mixture should be smooth.
- Now, little by little mix the all-purpose flour, the whole wheat flour and the salt.
- Add the nuts and distribute well in the mixture.
- With the resulting dough, form small balls and place them on a baking tray.
- Put in the oven and leave for 12 minutes, until you see that its edges acquire a golden hue.
- Then, in a bowl full of sugar, impregnate the still hot balls in it.
- When the cookies are at room temperature, they are rolled again in sugar to form snowballs.
- They can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
benefits of spiced tea Side effects
We already know the benefits of spiced tea , however, it is necessary to know its side effects. Many of them are not that serious and usually occur in people who are sensitive to the components of the tea.
- Due to the caffeine that the person contains, they may not be able to sleep, present symptoms of anxiety, restlessness, dizziness and even nausea.
- It is contraindicated for pregnant or lactating women to drink.
- It can cause iron deficiency and interact with certain medications.