With the bad season and the first colds, colds and sore throats don’t wait long. However, it is possible to keep them at bay with herbs. Let’s find out how.
With the bad season, ailments, such as colds and sore throats , arrive on time.
Colds can be caused by different strains of viruses, but in 50% of cases, it is caused by the rhinovirus, which reproduces itself on cells in the nose. The symptoms that reveal an oncoming cold are usually cough, runny nose, general malaise, feeling cold, headache, dry and inflamed throat.
Sore throat, on the other hand, is in fact an acute inflammation of the lymphatic formations of the oropharynx in its posterior part, it can depend on bacteria or other pathologies, and is often accompanied by redness and flu.
Both pathologies can be kept at bay thanks to herbs, in particular some herbal teas that stimulate the immune system, are decongestant and antiseptic or anti-inflammatory, sweat and warming.
Let’s find out which are the most suitable herbal teas against colds and sore throats.
- Characteristics : Bay leaves are an important source of vitamin C, useful in cases of flu and to fight viruses and bacteria. The presence of vitamin A makes it a plant capable of maintaining good health of eyesight, skin and mucous membranes. The mineral salts present help keep blood pressure and heart rate under control.
- Recipe : Chop a few dry bay leaves and put them in a cup of boiling water, sweetening with honey to taste.
- Use : drunk hot before going to bed, it makes you sweat profusely managing to mitigate the symptoms of flu and colds.
- Properties : stimulates the immune system, vitaminizing (vitamin C), antitumor.
Composite cinnamon tea
- Characteristics: Cinnamon is a powerful natural antioxidant, it stimulates blood circulation and helps fight cholesterol. It has antibacterial, antiseptic, stimulant and digestive properties. Cinnamon stimulates the immune system and is a good natural remedy against colds, flu, diarrhea, flatulence and dyspepsia due to its antimicrobial and astringent action.
- Recipe: a small piece of cinnamon, cloves. Boil a cup of water each together with the herbs, then leave to infuse for 10 minutes and pour hot into a cup in which you have dissolved a spoonful of linden honey and the juice of half a lemon.
- Use: drink before going to bed, makes you sweat a lot, suitable when the first flu symptoms appear.
- Properties : anti-inflammatory, sweating, warming.
Rosehip composite herbal tea
- Characteristics: this herbal tea is ideal against colds, flu, sore throat, otitis, bronchitis and tracheitis.
- Recipe: Rosehip 30%, Echinacea 30%, Horsetail 20%, Blackcurrant 20%. Boil a saucepan of water and pour a spoonful of the herb mix and sweeten with honey to taste.
- Usage: drink in the evening before going to bed.
- Properties: decongestant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory.