Rooibos is a natural infusion that comes from a tree in South Africa and its benefits are similar to those of red tea, with the difference that this ingredient has no contraindications or side effects. In addition to its multiple health benefits, rooibos is also a great ally to help us lose weight. In this article we tell you how to take rooibos to lose weight and take advantage of its purifying properties that will help you lose those extra kilos.
Properties of rooibos to lose weight
Rooibos, although it is known as the “Red Bush tea” is not a tea, but rather an infusion since it does not contain theine. It comes from South Africa and is being one of the natural ingredients that is causing the most fury due to its health properties as well as its slimming effect. Next, we will detail the properties of rooibos to lose weight so that you understand why it is ideal if you want to lose weight:
- Accelerates cell metabolism and digestion due to its antioxidant properties.
- It is a natural diuretic so it contributes to the elimination of toxins, the purification of the body and the reduction of fluid retention and, consequently, cellulite.
- Digestion improvement – Taking rooibos helps our digestive system work better and thus deflates the tummy area.
- It facilitates intestinal transit so it prevents the appearance of constipation, one of the most common causes of weight gain.
In order to take full advantage of these properties of rooibos, it is advisable to take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, in this way it is more effective in fighting fluid retention and promoting the transit of our intestines.
Take rooibos to lose weight
Unlike red tea, rooibos has all its properties but none of its contraindications, so you can take it at any time of the day (since it does not contain theine), you can also take it after meals (since it does not hinder the absorption of iron) and can also be taken by people with high blood pressure.
To benefit from its slimming properties, it is recommended to drink 3 or 4 cups of rooibos tea a day; It is not advised to go over the dose because anything taken in excess is not good for health. As we have already indicated, starting the day with a cup of this infusion is a great idea, as well as ending it and drinking it just before going to bed. You can prepare it in different ways, here we detail the most common:
- Rooibos infusion: you will only need a little water and rooibos to taste (the stronger you like the flavor, the more you should add). Boil a little water with the natural ingredient in a pot and then strain the water to be able to drink the infusion without tripping. Put it in the fridge to preserve its properties and you can drink different glasses throughout the day.
- Macerated Rooibos : If you want a slightly more refreshing drink, you can make it with this recipe. You just have to put a jar of water with rooibos to taste, add a little stevia or sweetener and put it in the fridge. The next morning remove the leaves from the plant, remove everything and it is ready for you to drink this fresh, sweet and delicious drink.
General properties of rooibos
In addition to its benefits for losing weight, rooibos is a plant that also has other uses for health since it contains a large amount of optimal nutrients for our body.
- Natural Antihistamine – Rooibos is perfect for treating infections or allergies.
- Improves intestinal problems : regularizes the functioning of the intestine, helping the digestion of food and intestinal transit.
- Good for treating oral diseases : it has a high content of calcium and fluoride, so it is an ideal ingredient to improve gums, teeth or ulcers.
- Fights aging : it has a great contribution of antioxidants, so it helps to delay the aging of the cells of our body.
Infusions to lose weight
Rooibos is a good ally to help us lose weight, however, there are also other infusions that are suitable for this same purpose, such as green tea, which is one of the most popular because it helps speed up metabolism. and burn fat naturally.
Horsetail is also another drink that will help us lose weight because it has a strong diuretic power, so it will help us eliminate liquids and prevent the appearance of cellulite . Another of the most popular is the grapefruit infusion that is totally indicated to help us reduce our appetite and thus achieve weight loss without going hungry.