A wide variety of teas have anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antimicrobial properties that help relieve throat discomfort, such as difficulty swallowing, irritation, and itching. In this post you will learn about the 10 best teas for sore throats .
It is not only drinking tea, it is important that the throat stays hydrated, drinking water also helps the body recover, reduces dry coughs and fights an irritated throat. These teas will not be a substitute for medical treatment, but rather a complement that will speed up the relief of symptoms.
1. Pineapple tea
The first of the sore throat teas is honey pineapple tea, which is also considered as one of the sore throat and cough teas . Its properties are due to the fact that both foods have anti-inflammatory properties.
Pineapple has vitamin C which helps the body fight infectious diseases and is effective in relieving sore throat caused by flu or cold. To prepare this tea for sore throat and cough, proceed to apply the following steps:
- Boil 2 slices of pineapple with the skin in ½ liter of water for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, cover and let rest for a few minutes.
- Strain and sweeten with honey. Try to drink it warm.
2. Teas for sore throats. Sage
Another very effective sore throat tea is sage tea with sea salt, which is gargled with and which, thanks to its astringent properties, temporarily relieves symptoms.
Go to the following recipe to prepare it:
- In 250 ml of boiling water add 2 teaspoons of dried sage.
- Let it infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain and add ½ teaspoon of sea salt.
It is advisable to gargle with the tea still warm at least 2 times a day.
3. Plantain tea
Due to its antibiotic and anti-inflammatory action, plantain tea with propolis is useful for relieving inflammation of the throat. When drunk warm it is much better, because it is used to soothe irritation in the throat.
Plantain tea is prepared like this:
- Boil a liter of water and add 30 plantain leaves.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- When it is lukewarm, strain it and add 10 drops of prepolis.
Use the preparation to gargle 3 times a day.
The exception is made with prepolis in people allergic to pollen or honey. They should not consume it.
4. Teas for sore throats. Eucalyptus
Eucalyptus has expectorant properties that help combat various respiratory diseases and, therefore, it is a tea for sore throats and flu. It is also a natural antiseptic so it helps reduce inflammation of the throat.
Preparing eucalyptus tea is very simple:
- Boil a liter of water and add 1 eucalyptus leaves.
- Inhale the steam that emanates.
- Do this for 15 minutes and 2 times a day.
5. Ginger and garlic tea
The combination of both makes it a tea for a sore throat and headache , thanks to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Garlic contains allicin that accelerates the recovery of the sore throat.
Meanwhile, ginger contains gingerol, chogaol and zingerone, which are phenolic compounds that, together with the vitamin C in lemon, help fight sore throats. In addition, it is a tea for sore throat and ear , which increases defenses and reduces the time of colds.
6. Teas for sore throats. Star anise
Star anise tea is good for strengthening the immune system, relieving the symptoms of a sore throat caused by colds or flu. This makes it a tea for a sore throat and headache , it has phenolic compounds that fight free radicals, which are what cause the immune system to not work properly.
On the other hand, star anise contains shikimic acid that provides antiviral activity to combat the flu virus.
Prepare star anise tea this way:
- In ½ liter of boiling water add the star anise.
- Cover and let infuse.
- Strain and drink still warm.
7. Willow Tea
The analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that salicin (an ingredient that contains aspirin) present in white willow possesses, is a good option to relieve the symptoms of inflammation of the throat, such as: irritation, pain and discomfort when swallowing.
8. Teas for sore throats. Barbatimon
Barbatimon tea has antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, thanks to its content of alkaloids, flavonoids and sterols, which help relieve inflammation and sore throat.
9. Green tea
Green tea for sore throat has natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce tonsil pain. In addition, it relieves other symptoms, such as fever and nasal congestion, resulting in a natural remedy effective and enjoyable.
10. Turmeric tea
Turmeric when mixed with honey is effective for relieve sore throat. To prepare it, proceed as follows:
- In a glass jar add a tablespoon of turmeric and 4 tablespoons of honey.
- Before using it, it must be mixed well to ensure that its ingredients are well integrated.